new tick virus?

/ new tick virus? #3  
It is also called the Lone Star Tick and can cause allergies to red meat. Yep, get bit and turn into a vegetarian.

/ new tick virus? #5  
FWIW, if you find a tick biting you, throw it into a little baggie and have the tick tested. The tick tests on people are not always accurate. Up here in Mn we have a bunch of different tick diseases.

/ new tick virus? #6  
FWIW, if you find a tick biting you, throw it into a little baggie and have the tick tested. The tick tests on people are not always accurate. Up here in Mn we have a bunch of different tick diseases.

Where do you sent it to?

/ new tick virus? #7  
   / new tick virus? #8  
Most county health departments have testing available.

/ new tick virus? #9  

There were days before I started using permethrin that I would have been sending more than a dozen per day - lol.

/ new tick virus? #10  
Most county health departments have testing available.

Our county does not a hospital or health department, the only testing of blood is done by request of a doctor. I imagine the test would be expensive and not covered by insurance since the person insured is not being tested. Has anyone ever had a tick tested and what is the cost?