B7100 Turned Over

/ B7100 Turned Over #11  
Kelvin,

I don't think you mentioned it above...was there a seat belt along with the rops? Was she wearing it?

Glad it turned out to be a minor mishap!

/ B7100 Turned Over
Actually, I didn't mention it...

But since you asked...

A seat belt came with the ROPS and you can bet I installed it with the ROPS.

My friend's wife told me that she ALWAYS wears the seat belt when operating the tractor. EXCEPT this one time. She thought that she was lucky that she wasn't wearing it; I told her that if the tractor had rolled further than on its side then she'd be dead. She has mixed emotions about whether she would've been better off with or without the seat belt. Her husband and I both critiqued her quite a bit for not wearing the seat belt, but congratulated her on thinking quickly enough to get back to the tractor and shut off the engine before it was ruined.

Kelvin

/ B7100 Turned Over #13  
Interesting paradox. Had you not installed the ROPS, she wouldn't have been able to tie the stump to it, yet it likely saved her live. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Scary, scary.

/ B7100 Turned Over
I agree.

I stressed to her that the ROPS saved her life. I didn't mention that I thought that the ROPS sort-of created the problem to begin with by providing her an un-safe attachment point.

She now has learned TWO important lessons:

(1) When pulling objects, pull from the lowest point on the tractor that you can attach to.

(2) Don't try any new tractor tricks when you are home alone (I hadn't mentioned the fact that she was home alone when the accident occured).

Kelvin