Information required on effects of hyraulic fluid in body after accident!!!!

/ Information required on effects of hyraulic fluid in body after accident!!!! #1  

Daviddml

Tractor
None
Hi am asking all you lads out there for information on what effects hydraulic fluid has on your eyes and body after it gets into you, I had a accident in the UK just over 3 years ago now while using a skip lorry, a hydraulic pipe burst on the fluid hit me in the face. Burst my lip went in my eyes and I swallowed some. I've still got many on going health problems and was hoping people on the forum would be able to share information with me of how to get the best treatment and medical advice(in the uk they've haven't a clue!!!!) just to give you a idea of my health problems at the mo headaches, diarrhea, stomach ache, chest pains, sore eyes and the list goes on!
As you lads use hyraulic fluid everyday you may have some info to help me, many thanx David

/ Information required on effects of hyraulic fluid in body after accident!!!! #2  
My dad tried to put his finger on a hydraulic leak on his first implement that connected to the remote outlets of his JD 510 about 30 years ago: a silage block cutter, which was the oldfashioned type with a fork and a cutting spade on a cylinder that was pulled around the perimeter with a hand winch. I'd have to ask him but i think the oil pierced his skin and got stuck under his finger nail. It was a sore for a month or two, three but no long term effects...

Anyways, as young boys operating any hydraulic machinery my father warned us about this....

How long have you been dealing with this, and are you sure it started with the injection of hydraulic fluid ?

/ Information required on effects of hyraulic fluid in body after accident!!!!
The fluid went in my mouth and I inhaled sum(didn't know what happened because it was so quick) and went in my eyes, after 20mins I was feeling dizzy having breathing problems, feeling that my head was running a temp. I was in and out of the hospital with stomach pain and chest pains, found this link the other day when I also came across tractorbynet with list the problems I have ATSDR - Public Health Statement: Hydraulic Fluids (don't know if I'm allowed to give this link out but I think it will give others a insight into there daily risks they have with hydraulic hoses)

/ Information required on effects of hyraulic fluid in body after accident!!!! #4  
The fluid went in my mouth and I inhaled sum(didn't know what happened because it was so quick) and went in my eyes, after 20mins I was feeling dizzy having breathing problems, feeling that my head was running a temp. I was in and out of the hospital with stomach pain and chest pains, found this link the other day when I also came across tractorbynet with list the problems I have ATSDR - Public Health Statement: Hydraulic Fluids (don't know if I'm allowed to give this link out but I think it will give others a insight into there daily risks they have with hydraulic hoses)
Get to the DR's ASAP Hydraulic fluid causes gangrene here is a thread about Hydraulic fluid. If it was ingested

I was in hospital within hours of the accident, nothing was done other than give me tabs to stop acid reflux in my stomach, I'm currently being treated for IBS which I know is not my problem I'm suffering from, that's why I'm here tryin to find out information because in the UK the doctors are not clued up, I'm willing to travel anywhere for the right treatment-unsure what long term effects are.

Thank u J J for the information, it's a shame the report don't give treatment after it happens.

/ Information required on effects of hyraulic fluid in body after accident!!!! #8  
I had a hose under pressure explode in my face back in the summer. I got a little in my mouth and some in my eyes as it dripped off my head. It was very hot! Luckily my sunglasses protected my eyes from the direct spray. After I finished cussing and had a shower I was ok. It could have been much much worse.

I know first hand what it is like being in a hospital for days while being treated for something that is not the whole problem. It is very frustrating when the Dr won't listen because he is educated in medicine and you aren't. I came close to dying because of it. If I hadn't been hooked to IV and half a dozen other machines I would have.

I wish I could help you and hope for the best in you finding suitable treatment.

/ Information required on effects of hyraulic fluid in body after accident!!!! #9  
Glad to hear your ok DT, the only machines a got connected to was one to check my heart rate because it was going all over the place after the accident happened, I've had bleeding from places you hope not to see blood from yet the doctors in the UK which I'm seeing are still putting down to IBS, NOT A SINGLE MEDICAL person in the UK has told me about any risks to my health from hydraulic fluid, it's only what I've found out off the net and showed them and I'm still not being listened to.