towing unbaked

/ towing unbaked #1  

machno

Tractor
na
Hi every all im new to the site and a bit new to tractors I hav been living rural in byfield qld all my life but havnt had much to do with farming or tractors im looking for advice on buy a tractor to tow my boat 30ft noosa cat and launch at the ramp.I hav used a 75series cruiser to pull it across the yard but It really draged the arse on the ground which was expected I think the weight would be around 4 .5 ton max loaded I looked at a iseki Sx75 fwa for $12.000 but thought it may be to small.Thanks in advance seth

/ towing unbaked #2  
I know this isn't answering your question, but are you asking about towing while not under the influence a particular herb? In that case, yes.

/ towing unbaked
Ha ha worth a try what hp ect would be suitable.come on mike shelby drives a fork lift up the street over there

/ towing unbaked #4  
At the ramp ?
At the ramp you need some weight... how heavy is that Iseki ? On an average boat ramp i think your tow vehicle needs to be half of what the trailer weighs... I have calculated it last year for the military, about how big a trailer a wheel loader could pull onto the loading ramp of a landing craft. But i dont know what angle the average boat ramp is.

/ towing unbaked #5  
Ha ha worth a try what hp ect would be suitable.come on mike shelby drives a fork lift up the street over there

HP doesn't really matter unless you need to pull it fast. An old 20hp 5000 pound tractor would pull it fine.

You need traction. You get traction from weight.

Bruce

/ towing unbaked #6  
The Iseki Sx75 you are looking at should weigh almost 8000# (plus the loader, weight in the tires, cab if it has one, etc).
IMO that should be enough.

Aaron Z