hazardous cargo-bypass safety standards

/ hazardous cargo-bypass safety standards #1  

Dutch445

Elite Member
Tractor
JD X585
after heating our home with propane last winter (coal this winter) I just read this article:
Propane shortage adds to winter woes - U.S. News

conservative estimating and some cold snaps are contributing to a possible propane shortage in the midwest
and northeast.
the part that is disturbing is the Ohio govornor has a plan :

"In anticipation of the cold and snow, Ohio Gov. John Kasich declared an energy emergency focused on expediting propane GAS shipments in order to mitigate tight supplies.

His declaration permits propane shippers from other states to drive more hours, which 努ill help get propane companies resupplied so Ohioans who use propane to heat their homes can stay warm, Kasich said."

so let's take these rolling bombs, and allow drivers to not have to follow safety laws regarding road hours. are they nuts?

another part of this equation, a high amount of propane was used to dry corn crops during a wet fall... and i wonder if that was for ethanol
production or just feed?

/ hazardous cargo-bypass safety standards #2  
There is a large ethanol plant near my home. This fall they acccepted corn with a higher than normal water content. I was told that they normally add water as part of the process. I have watched my propane purchases at TSC increase a $1.00 gallon from this fall. 12 degrees and enjoying wood heat tonight.

/ hazardous cargo-bypass safety standards #3  
A good reason for more propane being used for corn drying, was because of a high yield in a lot of areas. More corn - more gas to dry it all, just that simple. The biggest factor this year is the severe cold. More cold - more gas to keep us warm, just that simple.