Ever got your Kubota stuck like this?

/ Ever got your Kubota stuck like this? #11  
When I use the winch on my Jeep I ALWAYS drape a chain over the cable, with the hooks hanging on the cable. That is even for dragging a 200 lb log. If I don't have a chain with me, then my winter coat will work.

/ Ever got your Kubota stuck like this? #12  
Did they use the tractor wheel as a winch?

/ Ever got your Kubota stuck like this? #13  
It made my head hurt. They need schooled on what the breakout force on a bucket will do. I could have had it out in minutes without any help.

/ Ever got your Kubota stuck like this? #14  
I bow to your personal experience. Mine has been that they drop to the ground...

But then, I'm using a CUT which has nothing like the power and tension of a cat dragging a loaded log truck thru soft ground.

Chains are deadly when they break, dragging a loaded log truck through soft ground with a cat and a 1/2 inch chain when the hook failed, windshield exploded the guy would be blind if it wasn't for his glasses they looked like they had been sandblasted, clipped his ear and exited the back of the cab, yes I'm not lying the chain was out the back top corner of the old KW, this was when I was still in school on Christmas break but I have never forgotten that little display of what a broken chain can do.

/ Ever got your Kubota stuck like this? #15  
What I find amazing is that no matter where in the world you are and no matter what in the world you are doing, there is always a smart phone there that can make a video and it always gets on YouTube. There is a lesson in all that.

MoKelly

/ Ever got your Kubota stuck like this? #16  
   / Ever got your Kubota stuck like this?
Did they use the tractor wheel as a winch?

I said the same thing. And I still don't quite know how I feel about that. Part of me said that was a cool idea, the other part was like, "What are they doing???"

/ Ever got your Kubota stuck like this? #18  
Chains can both fly or disipate the energy by a single link getting shot off like a bullet. Generally a very bad idea to jerk a chain or use it near it breaking strength.

As to the folks saying they could be out in a minute I don't think so. If you lifted the front end with the loader the rear plow would have held up the rear wheels. If you've never been stuck deep with a 3 point implement and the top of its travel you won't maybe understand. If they could have removed the plow thing then yeah, out in a minute.

/ Ever got your Kubota stuck like this? #19  
I said the same thing. And I still don't quite know how I feel about that. Part of me said that was a cool idea, the other part was like, "What are they doing???"
Cable / chain safety aside, I thought that this was a pretty effective use of the chain. I was surprised at how little they used the FEL to get the front wheels out of the mud and to provide rearward force. And yea, they should have taken the plow off the stuck tractor.

/ Ever got your Kubota stuck like this? #20  
I bow to your personal experience. Mine has been that they drop to the ground...

But then, I'm using a CUT which has nothing like the power and tension of a cat dragging a loaded log truck thru soft ground.

I saw a chain break once. They were pulling a tractor out with duals that go stuck while disking behind my grandfathers house. Both tractors were 100 Hp so lots of energy being put into the chain. When it broke it broke in a few places and something went through the front and rear glass of the tractor being towed. It hit the operator, lucky though it just nicked the side of his head and the top of his ear. It looked a lot worse than it was when he climbed down out of cab with blood all over. Took some hair off his head too.

Had it been a few inches to the right, he might have been killed.