Table Saw

/ Table Saw #1  

DT86

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota
I was sitting here half watching TV and half browsing TBN. One of those ambulance chasing lawyers just played an ad for big cash settlements (or what ever they always promise) to people who had been injured by a table saw.

Dear God. I cut my wittle finger with a Case pocket knife the other day, I wonder if I can sue them for enough money to not have to work for a few years.

Does no one in America take accountability for their actions anymore, or is it always someone else's fault?

Last edited:
   / Table Saw #2  
Money for nothing and their tricks for free as the song goes.

/ Table Saw #3  
I was sitting here half watching TV and half browsing TBN. One of those ambulance chasing lawyers just played an ad for big cash settlements (or what ever they always promise) to people who had been injured by a table saw.

Dear God. I cut my wittle finger with a Case pocket knife the other day, I wonder if I can sue them for enough money to not have to work for a few years.

Does no one in America take accountability for their actions anymore, or is it always someone else's fault?

Nope, accountability and common sense went out the window a long time ago. I call it the wussification of America. It's always the fault of someone else.

Money for nothing and their tricks for free as the song goes.

I used to think it was "checks for free" until I checked the liner notes. It's really, "Money for nothin' and chicks for free". I like your version better tho. :laughing:

NV

/ Table Saw #4  
The left has indoctrinated a generation with the belief they are victims, entitled to the wealth of others.

You see it in these ambulance chasing ads, you see it in the administration's class warfare tactics, you see it in obamacare subsidies, you see it in the surge of food stamp enrollment ... and on and on.

/ Table Saw #5  
Have you ever received one of those class action letters? It's all a lawyers get rich scam.

First of all, you probably didn't even know you were in the class. Second, they make it very time consuming and lots of paper work to remove yourself from the class. 99.9% of people aren't going to take the time to do it.

So, eventually you get a check for $1.98, and the lawyers are making millions.

/ Table Saw #6  
I have owned and used a table saw for many years. Also Radial Arm, Compound mitre, wood and metal bandsaws, Sawzall, Skillsaw Jig and Scrollsaw, and of course an assortment of hacksaws, coping saw, handsaws, tree pruning saws etc. So far, I still have all of my fingers/thumbs.

And if I did cut something off, I sure as "heck fire" would not be suing anyone.

Oh, I forgot about the darn chainsaws.. now those are dangerous if you don't watch what you are doing:D Oh wait!.. they are all dangerous if you don't watch what you are doing.:shocked:

/ Table Saw #7  
I have owned and used a table saw for many years. Also Radial Arm, Compound mitre, wood and metal bandsaws, Sawzall, Skillsaw Jig and Scrollsaw, and of course an assortment of hacksaws, coping saw, handsaws, tree pruning saws etc. So far, I still have all of my fingers/thumbs.

And if I did cut something off, I sure as "heck fire" would not be suing anyone.

Oh, I forgot about the darn chainsaws.. now those are dangerous if you don't watch what you are doing:D Oh wait!.. they are all dangerous if you don't watch what you are doing.:shocked:

Sounds like you're ready for anything James. :laughing:

/ Table Saw #9  
A number of years ago, I was using a biscuit saw to cut slots in oak for joining. This particular biscuit saw had a design that allowed sawdust to collect and bind up the slide mechanism. As a result, I ended up nearly cutting my thumb off because the slide bound up and then suddenly released causing my hand to slip on the work piece and the blade ran into my thumb. Bad design, but totally my fault because of the way I was holding the work piece instead of securely clamping it down so I could keep my fingers away from the blade. Funny, I never even thought of suing the manufacturer. Why would I? Even though it was a bad design, I failed to take steps that would have prevented any injury.

Power tools are inherently dangerous. It used to be that evolutionary forces weeded out those without common sense. Today, modern medicine enables many idiots to survive so they can sue manufacturers.

/ Table Saw #10  
Given the current nanny state, blenders could not be produced if they were developed today.