New home...is this safe enough for hydrostatic zero turn?

/ New home...is this safe enough for hydrostatic zero turn? #1  

eddime

Tractor
Cub Cadet
First post on here and I sure you are sick of this question. I just bought a new home and it's just over a acre but is hilly. I really want a zero turn mower to save time. Here is the pic of the lawn. I went around and marked the hills degree with a digital leveler. The mower I want is a Cub Cadet RZT L42. Let me know what you think. I believe the mower says up to 15 degrees but could be wrong.

Attachments

• Screenshots_2014-03-20-12-27-24.jpg
    Screenshots_2014-03-20-12-27-24.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 478
Last edited by a moderator:
   / New home...is this safe enough for hydrostatic zero turn? #2  
I'd get a zero turn. Your yard looks fine to me and you really will save lots of time. Ideally, ask the dealer to let you demo the unit on your property. You will then see exactly how well (or not so well) it works in your particular circumstances.

Nice house.

MoKelly

/ New home...is this safe enough for hydrostatic zero turn? #3  
:welcome: to TBN
Ive got a skaq tigercat and i would not hesitate on mowing that lawn. Looks like a real "easy cake lawn" to mow. ZTM's sit lower to the ground making the center of gravity lower than tractor mowers.
Any worthy reputable dealer would bring a mower for you to try on your lawn, to seal a deal. ZTM all the way in my book unless you get an RTV with a 12' gang mower, now thats the trick, Ive got one . . .Keep us posted . . .John

/ New home...is this safe enough for hydrostatic zero turn? #4  
Looks ok. If it was mine I would have aggressive tires.

/ New home...is this safe enough for hydrostatic zero turn? #5  
I would mow it with my eXmark

/ New home...is this safe enough for hydrostatic zero turn?
I'm definitely going to get zero turn then and beef up the tires. The gang mower looks pretty sweet. The exmark looks like a decent mower. I have not seen those sold around here. I will let you know how it goes.....hopefully the grass starts growing soon LOL! Thank you very much everyone!!

/ New home...is this safe enough for hydrostatic zero turn? #7  
I took out the duplication and comments referring to it. I have my second small Toro ZTR and like it, but I can tell you neither of mine would get any traction at all if the grass was wet and there was any slope at all.

/ New home...is this safe enough for hydrostatic zero turn? #8  
First post on here and I sure you are sick of this question. I just bought a new home and it's just over a acre but is hilly. I really want a zero turn mower to save time. Here is the pic of the lawn. I went around and marked the hills degree with a digital leveler. The mower I want is a Cub Cadet RZT L42. Let me know what you think. I believe the mower says up to 15 degrees but could be wrong.
From the photo, I don't see anything that would bother a ZTR going up and down the hill, sideways mowing might make a residential mower walk downhill a bit. You need to look for something heavier than a light duty residential mower with that amount of acreage if you want the transaxles to last especially with having to go up and down the hill. Look for something with the 3400 series transaxles and you will be good for a lifetime.

/ New home...is this safe enough for hydrostatic zero turn? #9  
With a house that big why you doing lawn work?? Looks like a rich man's sub division.

/ New home...is this safe enough for hydrostatic zero turn? #10  
Funny Murph, kinda what I was thinkin ! Place like that deserves a nice diesel Kubota zero turn ! :laughing: