Dummy and the man lift

/ Dummy and the man lift #1  

Taylortractornut

Elite Member
Tractor
3550 Fard Backhoe and a 1948 Farmall Cub,
Remeber the post a few months ago with the 2 forklifts picking up the oxyger/nitrogen acumulator. I found a pic of their realatives. A big Hyster lift picking up what looks to be a large Grove scissor lift to make it reach and to get over an awning. the fella has more faith than I do.

Attachments

• 348862-dummy and the manlift.jpg
    348862-dummy and the manlift.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 1,350
   / Dummy and the man lift #2  
Holy Crap! I can't even imagine a guy wanting to work off that platform. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Dummy and the man lift #3  
Yep.. that takes alot of faith.. faith in the machines.. your buddy driving the bottom one, and good 'paid up- and current' relationship with the 'big man'... That or a decent amount of stupidity...Hmm.. Wonder which was in operation here.

Heck.. I though I had it bad at work.

At my 'night' job, I work at an entertainment complex.. some of our duties include mainenance on the lighting system.

We have an electric 'man-lift' works nice.. however, we also work in an auditorium with nose-bleed high ceilings, and rows of fixed in place 'church pue' style benches. The manlift company actually makes a 'pue stradler'

It is this awkward scaffolding looing thing that you angle down, attatch the manlift.. crank it up to clear the pue.. then push it into place... basically a set of stilts with some frame work... Looks dangerous as hell.. as they take the lift up to max height to get the lights, and the base seems so small. I kinda feel bad for the riggers and 'sparkies' that go up there...as I don't think I would..etc.

Soundguy

/ Dummy and the man lift #4  
My signature says it all !!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Dummy and the man lift
IHI that makes mini excavators and dumpers also makes a mini crawler frame with scirror lifts and manlifts on them. I dont want to be anywhere you need tracks that high. Theres website that also has alot of these type industrial accident pictures but it has to be subscribed to. My cousin said this was sent to his work computer by another friend. If a tilt cylinder belw or main line blew on the lift even if it hasd a safety lock nothing would stop the lifts mast chain, or if the weld blew out of the casings.
Ive seen alot of dump things done from manlifts. A local plant that builds giant duct work for mines here has several and Ive seen some accidents out thater and dumb things done even by the safety man.

/ Dummy and the man lift #6  
Thanks for the post. Falls from equipment are one of the leading causes of death on the job. I can't believe this one. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif OSHA would close them down in a heartbeat.