Tractor smashed

/ Tractor smashed #1  

MechE1

Silver Member
Tractor
Ingersoll 448 with 42" tiller and 60" deck. John Deere 3046R, cab, T&T, H165 loader with 4and1, 60D Autoconnect, 72" boxblade, 59" snowblower
I don't have all the details but this was a collision between a simi and the tractor. The simi T-boned the tractor. I heard about it on social media and never saw a report in the news. This was near Newman, Illinois in fall 2013. I think the operator was injured but recovered, same with the simi driver. Be careful out there. I was impressed to see how the cab stayed together.

IMG_2201.JPGIMG_2200.JPGIMG_2199.JPG

Found article. No updates found:

October 23, 2013
NEWMAN - A tractor driver was injured when his equipment was hit by a semitruck Monday morning in rural Douglas County, according to the Illinois State Police.
Both vehicles were northbound on Illinois 49 about 2½ miles northeast of Newman when the accident occurred at 10:50 a.m. Monday, according to police.
The tractor driver, Cory F. Williams, 27, of Paris was turning left when the truck driver, John A. King, 74, of Philo tried to pass on the left, according to police. The truck sideswiped the tractor, and both vehicles ended up in a field.
Williams was taken by helicopter to Carle Foundation Hospital in Urbana, but his condition was unavailable.

Last edited:
   / Tractor smashed #2  
Semi may have been going just a tad bit too fast.

/ Tractor smashed #3  
I don't have all the details but this was a collision between a simi and the tractor. The simi T-boned the tractor. I heard about it on social media and never saw a report in the news. This was near Newman, Illinois in fall 2013. I think the operator was injured but recovered, same with the simi driver. Be careful out there. I was impressed to see how the cab stayed together.

View attachment 383663View attachment 383664View attachment 383665

Found article. No updates found:

October 23, 2013
NEWMAN - A tractor driver was injured when his equipment was hit by a semitruck Monday morning in rural Douglas County, according to the Illinois State Police.
Both vehicles were northbound on Illinois 49 about 2ス miles northeast of Newman when the accident occurred at 10:50 a.m. Monday, according to police.
The tractor driver, Cory F. Williams, 27, of Paris was turning left when the truck driver, John A. King, 74, of Philo tried to pass on the left, according to police. The truck sideswiped the tractor, and both vehicles ended up in a field.
Williams was taken by helicopter to Carle Foundation Hospital in Urbana, but his condition was unavailable.

Hopefully they are both OK. I guess with a few gallons of JB weld and some paint and it will be just like new.

/ Tractor smashed #4  
I guess with a few gallons of JB weld and some paint and it will be just like new.
Yeah, that will buff right out.
Hopefully they are both OK.
+1