Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Ingersoll 448 with 42" tiller and 60" deck. John Deere 3046R, cab, T&T, H165 loader with 4and1, 60D Autoconnect, 72" boxblade, 59" snowblower

Default Tractor smashed

I don't have all the details but this was a collision between a simi and the tractor. The simi T-boned the tractor. I heard about it on social media and never saw a report in the news. This was near Newman, Illinois in fall 2013. I think the operator was injured but recovered, same with the simi driver. Be careful out there. I was impressed to see how the cab stayed together.

Tractor smashed-img_2201-jpgTractor smashed-img_2200-jpgTractor smashed-img_2199-jpg

Found article. No updates found:

October 23, 2013
    NEWMAN - A tractor driver was injured when his equipment was hit by a semitruck Monday morning in rural Douglas County, according to the Illinois State Police.
    Both vehicles were northbound on Illinois 49 about 2 miles northeast of Newman when the accident occurred at 10:50 a.m. Monday, according to police.
    The tractor driver, Cory F. Williams, 27, of Paris was turning left when the truck driver, John A. King, 74, of Philo tried to pass on the left, according to police. The truck sideswiped the tractor, and both vehicles ended up in a field.
    Williams was taken by helicopter to Carle Foundation Hospital in Urbana, but his condition was unavailable.
    Last edited by MechE1; 07-22-2014 at 04:42 PM.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Resident Architect

Default Re: Tractor smashed

Semi may have been going just a tad bit too fast.
    Turbo Yanmar 1110d, 4wd, powershift, kwick-way loader SOLD
    Waldon 5100, Cummins 4b SOLD
    Gehl 6635 skid steer - Faver grapple, forks, bucket, trailer mover
    Toro 328 4wd mower, 72" Lastec Deck & Toro 150 snowblower SOLD
    Toro 3500 3wd mower

Tractor
    LS XR3037HC

Quote Originally Posted by MechE1 View Post
    I don't have all the details but this was a collision between a simi and the tractor. The simi T-boned the tractor. I heard about it on social media and never saw a report in the news. This was near Newman, Illinois in fall 2013. I think the operator was injured but recovered, same with the simi driver. Be careful out there. I was impressed to see how the cab stayed together.

Tractor smashed-img_2201-jpgTractor smashed-img_2200-jpgTractor smashed-img_2199-jpg

Found article. No updates found:

October 23, 2013
    NEWMAN - A tractor driver was injured when his equipment was hit by a semitruck Monday morning in rural Douglas County, according to the Illinois State Police.
    Both vehicles were northbound on Illinois 49 about 2ス miles northeast of Newman when the accident occurred at 10:50 a.m. Monday, according to police.
    The tractor driver, Cory F. Williams, 27, of Paris was turning left when the truck driver, John A. King, 74, of Philo tried to pass on the left, according to police. The truck sideswiped the tractor, and both vehicles ended up in a field.
    Williams was taken by helicopter to Carle Foundation Hospital in Urbana, but his condition was unavailable.
    Hopefully they are both OK. I guess with a few gallons of JB weld and some paint and it will be just like new.

Tractor
    Ford 1700 4x4 w/ FEL

I guess with a few gallons of JB weld and some paint and it will be just like new.
    Yeah, that will buff right out.
    Hopefully they are both OK.
    +1