tc35dforme

Platinum Member
Tractor
TC35D/16LA
From a local paper....
<font color="blue">
Dec 23, 2:42 PM EST

Farmer Drives Tractor After Arm Cut Off

HARRISON, Ark. (AP) -- A farmer whose arm was torn off in a tractor accident picked up the limb, climbed back on and headed for home to get help.

"What was I supposed to do? Lie there and die?" James Arlen Mondy's wife quoted him as saying.

Doctors at St. John's Regional Health Center in Springfield, Mo., were unable to reattach his arm after the Dec. 16 accident. He was recovering at the hospital Tuesday.

Mondy, 56, was bumped off his tractor when it hit a hole, said his wife, Janet Mondy. The spinning blades of a brush cutter then chopped off his arm at the shoulder.

On his ride home, he had to stop to open a gate, drove through, then got off the tractor again to close the gate, and continued on his way. He started to feel lightheaded, but met a passing couple who summoned help.

Copyright 2003 Associated Press. All rights reserved.</font>

Now that's will power !!!!!!

/ WOW .... Anyone see this one ??? #2  
Amazing! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

And he shut the gate after he drove through it.... It amazes me what people in shock or panic will do.

/ WOW .... Anyone see this one ??? #3  
OUCH /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ WOW .... Anyone see this one ??? #4  
No seat belt on or he would not have fallen off in the first place, and no safety switches to cut the engine once he fell off the seat....we should be grateful for all the safety features provided on our tractors. Such features will reduce the odds of OUR dumb mistakes being printed in the news and posted by review by TBN members.

/ WOW .... Anyone see this one ??? #5  
That didn't quite sink in the first time. I had to laugh out of shock I guess? Not to laugh at his misfortune. Here he is carrying his arm and He shut the friggin gate!!!

/ WOW .... Anyone see this one ??? #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( No seat belt on or he would not have fallen off in the first place, and no safety switches to cut the engine once he fell off the seat.... )</font>

first thing i thought of also! but to be fair, a lot of older tractors do not have seat belts, and even my 1998 will not kill the engine if u get off the seat.WONDER THO, THE LEVEL HEAD IT REQUIRES TO PICK UP YOUR ARM, AND HEAD FOR HOME. then stop and close a gate. good luck to him.

/ WOW .... Anyone see this one ??? #7  
Well you talk about an older guy having the presence of mind to close a gate but how about a 6 year old? It hurts to tell this story. Two years ago my daughter went to put her horse up. It was raining out and I was messing with a couple other ones in the barn. This horse is one that you always hear about that is kid safe, dead broke, more like a person than a horse, wouldn't hurt anyone. Well he wouldn't on purpose. She took him out to the pasture and put him out. I heard her crying and looked out the window and she was closing the gates and hollering at her horse. I could only see her back. Sometimes when it's raining the gate will give you a little shock from the fencer and i thought that's what happened. The door to get out was on the opposite end of the barn. I went out to go through the walk through barn and heard her crying back on the other end where the sliding door was. I went back through and here she was just covered with blood all over her face. When she went to put her horse out he had kicked up his heels to take off like they do sometimes just about the same time she had reached down to get the chain to do the gates back up. He caught her right on the cheek and layed her poor cheek wide open. Tore the muscle and all right off the bone and there was a big gap on her cheek. I got it packed and put the cheek back together and headed for the ER. I knew it was more than a simple stitching job. Luckily we have one of the best pediatric plastic surgeons in the country that works at our hospital. He did a nice job and she had another surgery to correct the scar. You can hardly see it now. It was a freak thing that probably wouldn't happen again in 100000 times.

But can you imagine having that happen as a grown-up and still take the time to close the gates and walk back to the barn? It still amazes me that a little girl like that did what she did and breaks my heart that it even had to happen.

/ WOW .... Anyone see this one ??? #8  
What a sad thing to happen to a young child, my heart goes out to her for having to suffer that injury. More so because you say it was HER horse that caused it. I hope she has no lasting effects from the accident, and what presence of mind she must have had!! No way would I have thought about closing the gate.

/ WOW .... Anyone see this one ??? #9  
I hate to see anyone get hurt,but I especially hate to see children hurt. Thank goodness she is alright.

/ WOW .... Anyone see this one ??? #10  
Didn't phase her in the least. She's a tough little cowgirl. She couldn't wait to get back to riding. I think it hurt me way more than her.