Tractor
JD X585
the Empire Farm Days show in upstate NY is a fairly large show
for the Northeast, every year in August. They say up to 65K
people visit each year.

Today was the last day of this years show and it ended on
a very sad note. There was an accident with one of the vendors,
a piece of machinery injured an 8yr old child. Very sad, hope
he is ok, last report was he was in critical condition.
Thoughts are with the child and his family.... and with the vendor.

Boy crushed by cow hoof trimming machine at Empire Farm Days in critical condition | syracuse.com

/ Trajedy at Farm Show #2  
I don't think a farm machinery accident is a freak occurrence. It happens WAY too often (all accidents happen way too often, humans are fairly accident prone)...

Prayers for the child, family, and the operator. Very saddening...

/ Trajedy at Farm Show #3  
Very sad. Let us know if you find out how he is doing.

/ Trajedy at Farm Show #5  
Hope the young boy is OK but sadly.....accidents do occur. A few years back.....we were at a county fair and a little girl was kicked and killed by a horse. Tragic event.......very sad but you can't prevent everything that might happen.

/ Trajedy at Farm Show #6  
A couple years ago, a small boy was killed at an air show when a wind storm came up and knocked an air conditioning unit on top of him. The sad thing is, he was taking refuge from the wind storm beside the AC unit.

/ Trajedy at Farm Show #7  
Sadly, I smell a lawsuit. Sometimes the parents aren't gold diggers, but the bills really do stack up. It's scary to think of how exposed your flank really is today.

/ Trajedy at Farm Show #9  
Yes, and why you really need insurance. It is essential.

MoKelly

I sure wish more people believed that. I have a heck of a time convincing people that they need insurance.

/ Trajedy at Farm Show #10  
I go to this show every year and have since I was a kid. One thing I have noticed over the years is parents seem to turn there kids loose. I was there on Wed and was in the Deere display area, 3 boys the oldest might have been 10, youngest I would say 5-6 maybe, running around from machine to machine climbing on jumping off. No one in sight that looked like there parent. Other kids walking around by themselves in other areas. On one hand it's great that people feel safe enough that they don't worry about the kids getting grabbed. On the other, this is really no place to let young kids run around. Machines moving out to the demo area and back, large machinery all over.

At some point the parents need to be a parent and not lose track of their kids. I was lucky, my dad drilled safety into my head as far back as I can remember.

Boy is doing better.

Boy recovering from injuries suffered in accident at Empire Farm Days - Finger Lakes Times: News