tractor death

/ tractor death #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
In our local paper ( ocala ,florida ) today there was a tractor related death. Person was loading the tractor on a flatbed trailer.. a front wheel slipped off.. tractor overturned and crushed the operator. Others at the scene said the operator had used this tractor for 10-15 years... etc.

Soundguy

/ tractor death #2  
Thanks for the report soundguy. It makes me think that it’s important to have the seat belt on and the ROPS up while loading.

Eric

/ tractor death #3  
...I will try to remember that for the next time i'm pushing earth on a stack, on a hill so steep that the 3p lift doesn't come up anymore because the oil pump cant get any oil anymore because all the oil ran to the front part of the housing... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Accidents are mostly just accidents. So that can happen to experienced operators too..

And when i get an accident, i have good faith in the Zetor ROPS cabs...
I know of a Zetor 4718 that fell a few meters down a hill (i said FELL, not rolled /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif ) with mostly glass damage. The cab frame was re-aligned by a truck damage expert. it was pulled straight with some cables and winches.

My neighbor's Renault 651 broke two glass windows when he drove a bit too fast through a hole in his grassland. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ tractor death
There was a message a while back about a guy they went ofer a small cliff or something in a skidsteer... something like a 30' drop or so... guy was fine except for cut/bruise as I hear.

Soundguy

/ tractor death #5  
it don't take much does it? one little slip, one moment of not thinking.should be a reminder to all of us. think the worst!

/ tractor death #6  
That reminded me of something about a guy that brush hogs for hire. This guy was dozing (heavy hogging) had his loader up some, small trees gave way and the tractor just kept going. Tractor, bush hog and driver went straight down a 15' bluff. He was luck, he didn't get hurt and the only damage was the tail wheel was broken off of the brush hog.