Super Star Member
Tractor
Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST

Attachments

• accident stump grinder.jpg
    accident stump grinder.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 7,301
   / Stump Grinder accident #2  
Poor guy. His leg looked like hamburger. Apparently wasn't in any pain. Bone, veins, nerves, skin, all ground up. Accidents can happen to anyone. I watch that show quite often but haven't seen that one yet.

/ Stump Grinder accident #3  
I assume the doctor said "I don't know" about losing his leg to keep him calm? Did he actually think he had a chance? I would like to see the rest of the story.

Either way, that's terrible. I couldn't even imagine being in that situation. I guess it makes you think.

/ Stump Grinder accident #5  
Poor guy. His leg looked like hamburger. Apparently wasn't in any pain. Bone, veins, nerves, skin, all ground up. Accidents can happen to anyone. I watch that show quite often but haven't seen that one yet.

Oh I don't know... those nerve ends will still HURT like crazy! But man, that is just NASTY. At first, I thought it was an arm, but looking again I think it his leg. They almost certainly had to amputate to just below the knee. For one thing, I don't think there was enough blood vessels left that would support sufficient blood flow to the foot and back. Terrible!!!

/ Stump Grinder accident #6  
Oh I don't know... those nerve ends will still HURT like crazy! But man, that is just NASTY. At first, I thought it was an arm, but looking again I think it his leg. They almost certainly had to amputate to just below the knee. For one thing, I don't think there was enough blood vessels left that would support sufficient blood flow to the foot and back. Terrible!!!

He had to be in shock since he didn't remember the accident. I can't imagine having my leg torn up by a stump grinder and not remembering it. I think you are right about the amputation. There was nothing left but some tissue holding his foot.

/ Stump Grinder accident #7  
Getting up in the morning is dangerous business...

For those that can't face it ... Stay in bed.

/ Stump Grinder accident #8  
Getting up in the morning is dangerous business... For those that can't face it ... Stay in bed.

What a ridiculous statement

Sent from my iPhone 5s 64Gb using TractorByNet

/ Stump Grinder accident #9  
Yikes, when I operate my 3-point stump grinder I'm going to keep the seat belt fastened!

/ Stump Grinder accident #10  
That was an incident, not an accident. Somebody was trying to save time or money or was being lazy. While believing they were too smart, too fast and too smart to come to the grief that affects other lesser persons.