Lucky to be ALIVE!!!

/ Lucky to be ALIVE!!! #1  

Garycw

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 1025R w/ fel, Farm Pro 2425, ford 841 & 851
This was touched on in another topic, but thought I needed its own. I beg of everyone not to mess with a starter on tractor with battery hooked up. I accidentally shorted a starter in tractor while in gear four days ago. After being airlifted to a trama 1 hospital and total hip replacement, I'm lucky to be alive !

/ Lucky to be ALIVE!!! #2  
Wow, things can happen so quick.
Yes you are very lucky.
Speedy recovery to you.

/ Lucky to be ALIVE!!! #4  
Wow!

This needs to be moved to the Safety forum!

/ Lucky to be ALIVE!!! #5  
Winter will be happening soon for a lot of us , another opportunity for DISASTERS .

/ Lucky to be ALIVE!!! #8  
Wow, I just read the other thread too. It is a terrible thing to have happened, but it sounds like you are taking it well and we all hope you have a speedy recovery.

Thanks for sharing your story, it is a great reminder to remain vigilant about safety when we are working around our equipment. It truly could happen to any of us.

/ Lucky to be ALIVE!!! #9  
Continue to get well I'm glad you shared this makes us all think. when we get comfortable is when we make mistakes probably nothing that had not done before by a lot of us take care.

/ Lucky to be ALIVE!!! #10  
Thankfully you will recover and thank you or the reminder post. What were you doing that you accidentally engaged the start by shorting something?