ROP for vintage tractors

/ ROP for vintage tractors #11  
I don't think I'm missing the point at all:

- No ROPS, probably gonna get crushed
- ROPS and "if" (you're words) the tractor breaks in half: *might* get crushed by one half of the tractor

I'll take the ROPS any day of the week.

/ ROP for vintage tractors #12  
Fine, go with a best guess. I'm glad you do not design aircraft, military equipment or nuclear equipment.

/ ROP for vintage tractors #13  
Fine, go with a best guess. I'm glad you do not design aircraft, military equipment or nuclear equipment.

Actually, I did, for the last two (AWACS, GMD, ISS)

/ ROP for vintage tractors #15  
That explains three mile island.

Except for work in Pittsburgh on the AWACS program back in the early '80's, I've never worked in PA, including but not limited to TMI.

Are you going to discuss the issue or are you going to continue with the personal attacks?

/ ROP for vintage tractors #16  
Except for work in Pittsburgh on the AWACS program back in the early '80's, I've never worked in PA, including but not limited to TMI.

Are you going to discuss the issue or are you going to continue with the personal attacks?

I agree with you that buickanddeere is being a little catty. That said, let me ask you, are you going to listen to the answers we're giving you, or keep asking the question? Old tractors aren't designed for ROPS. Adding one will be costly. Making one yourself will be questionable. Anyone who makes a legitimate one won't be sharing their plans because that would open them up to liability for a poorly made one failing and killing someone.

I've already given my advice, but I'll add that you could check around in the tractor pulling community. Those guys might have some advice.

/ ROP for vintage tractors #17  
I agree with you that buickanddeere is being a little catty. That said, let me ask you, are you going to listen to the answers we're giving you, or keep asking the question? Old tractors aren't designed for ROPS. Adding one will be costly. Making one yourself will be questionable. Anyone who makes a legitimate one won't be sharing their plans because that would open them up to liability for a poorly made one failing and killing someone.

I've already given my advice, but I'll add that you could check around in the tractor pulling community. Those guys might have some advice.

That may not be universally true. I found a site advertising a 2 post ROPS made for a John Deere 3010, a tractor made from 1961 to 1963. I think being made over half a century ago qualifies it as being old...it does me! :D

John Deere ROPS 2 Post 2510 2520 3010 3020 4000 4010 4020 4320

ROPs are supposed to meet these specs. https://law.resource.org/pub/us/cfr/ibr/005/sae.j167.1974.pdf

/ ROP for vintage tractors #18  
That may not be universally true. I found a site advertising a 2 post ROPS made for a John Deere 3010, a tractor made from 1961 to 1963. I think being made over half a century ago qualifies it as being old...it does me! :D

John Deere ROPS 2 Post 2510 2520 3010 3020 4000 4010 4020 4320

ROPs are supposed to meet these specs. https://law.resource.org/pub/us/cfr/ibr/005/sae.j167.1974.pdf

I didn't say that there aren't ROPS designed for old tractors. I said that old tractors aren't designed for ROPS. a ROPS for a vintage machine needs to take the original engineering of the axle casings etc. into account.

Not exactly to the point, but kinda cool; the Super C was a decade old when the 3010 came out.

/ ROP for vintage tractors #19  

We will have to question what is the definition of a "personal attack" and what a "diversion from the actual issue" is.

/ ROP for vintage tractors #20  
We will have to question what is the definition of a "personal attack" and what a "diversion from the actual issue" is.

Hmm... It might be better to discuss ROPs. ☺I removed mine.