ROP for vintage tractors

/ ROP for vintage tractors #1  

Pipes

Tractor
1952 Super C
Who is a good source for plans to build or purchase ROPS for 1952 Super C?

Last edited:
   / ROP for vintage tractors #2  
Disregard. Thought I found one but was a dead link.

/ ROP for vintage tractors #3  
   / ROP for vintage tractors #4  
Bare Co. sells ROPS for old tractors like the Massey Ferguson 135.

Bare Co USA - Home

They have a U.S. distributor in Sacramento (my new home town:thumbsup:)

Good luck.

Good luck

/ ROP for vintage tractors #5  
Even if a bubba built ROPS did hold in a roll over. The tractor chassis was never designed for such stress . Axle housings or the bell housing can snap. Too flexible and the rops will crush. Too stiff a rops with no give to absorb energy to limit shock loading can break the tractor .

/ ROP for vintage tractors #6  
Even if a bubba built ROPS did hold in a roll over. The tractor chassis was never designed for such stress . Axle housings or the bell housing can snap. Too flexible and the rops will crush. Too stiff a rops with no give to absorb energy to limit shock loading can break the tractor .

I think if you experienced a roll over, most people would prefer a ROPS to protect them even if the tractor was severely damaged. The problem with "bubba built" ROPS would be if they failed AND didn't protect the operator. I recall one instance posted here on TBN quite some time ago where that happened to a young teen boy....he died.

/ ROP for vintage tractors #7  
One note, ROPS don't do much good if the tractor isn't fitted with a seat belt. I've seen many cases where a ROPS crushed the operator because they fell off the machine and the machine crushed them. Usually between the ROPS and the ground.

One of the kids I graduated HS with, his father was killed when the tractor he pop started ran him over. He coasted down a small grade, popped the clutch and the rear wheels locked up for a second. This threw him from the seat in front of the rear tire. The engine started and ran him over.

As far as the tractor not build for it, who cares? If it saves your life, it's your only one. As a friend of mine used to say about anything, tools, cars, etc. They make more of them every day, but there is only one you.

/ ROP for vintage tractors #8  
If the tractor breaks in half the rops isn't going to protect you. If the tractor does 't break but the Bubba rops fails . Then want ?

/ ROP for vintage tractors #9  

If I have a rollover, a broken tractor will be the least of my worries. I can't imagine having and/or using one without a ROPES.