What have you Missed / Hit with your tractor?

/ What have you Missed / Hit with your tractor? #1  

blin

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L4330 GST
I missed Bush Hogging this Wasp / Hornets nest by inches!

IMG00756-20110728-1303.jpg IMG00755-20110728-1303.jpg

/ What have you Missed / Hit with your tractor? #2  
One more reason to have a cab :)

Wasn't with the tractor - but - less than an hour with my new pull-behind trail mower, I found a Tpost. Dinged up the blades a bit but no major damage.

/ What have you Missed / Hit with your tractor? #3  
On day one, i put a branch through the brand new grill. Took the loader off to brush hog for maneuverability. Now I just plow trees over with the bucket before i run them over.

/ What have you Missed / Hit with your tractor? #4  
As a rather new tractor owner who bought property with clearings that hadn't been touched in years with 9 ft of over growth on them. And the previous owner who had used it as a personal dump site I found a great many things to hit while bush hogging it clear again. The usual items like a brick, spare tire, T-POSTS, countless yards of high tensile and barb wire, big *** stump!, et all were scary in each their own right especially for someone who had never run a tractor before. But the scariest thing I hit was a wet sleeping bag. That thing got stuck in the bush hog and got it all out of kilter and was shaking the tractor from side to side so bad I pulled the stop handle and bailed off.. I thought that little 40lb sleeping bag was going to flip the tractor it was shaking so hard.. :)

However the land is now all clear, all the crap and junk has been picked up and either recycled, burned, or hauled to the dump. nothing but pure clean grassy fields to drive over and one ditch but that's a different story :)

/ What have you Missed / Hit with your tractor? #5  
After tearing down a 5,000 sq. foot barn I was using the bucket to sweep all the remnant lumber pieces off the slab and hit a 4 x 4 wood post in the concrete that had been cut off 2 inches above the slab. In a instant I went from 1 mile per hour to zero, was thrown off the seat, over the steering wheel and smashed my head against the windshield. Was knocked out for a few seconds and immediately taken to the emergency room for a head and neck scan. Huge lump and bruise on my forehead for two weeks and really sore neck. One year later I can still make my neck sore by tilting my head and looking up too far. Never thought to use the seat belt going that slow. :(

/ What have you Missed / Hit with your tractor? #6  
As a rather new tractor owner who bought property with clearings that hadn't been touched in years .......

Very similar story. I was a computer/city boy until I retired about 2 years ago. Picked up a somewhat neglected 110 acres, then bought my very first tractor and assorted toys. Without them, reclaiming the land would have been impossible.

Most of this has gone without major calamity but I have managed some serious damage to a tire, and almost flipped on a pond bank :) I have learned a lot along the way. From you last sentence, I think we share in the deep satisfaction of seeing what has been accomplished.

/ What have you Missed / Hit with your tractor? #7  
From you last sentence, I think we share in the deep satisfaction of seeing what has been accomplished.
Very much so.. I have learned a ton of stuff about using a tractor and its implements plus have the added benefit of feeling like the richest man in the world when I cross that driveway and pull onto the property that I made look that way.. Lots of sweat, lots of hours, a touch of blood lol.. Its awesome and definitely gives a feel of accomplishment.

/ What have you Missed / Hit with your tractor?
My bush Hog has found high tensile wire on occasion too!!

farm108.jpg

/ What have you Missed / Hit with your tractor? #9  
I'am magnet for beehives been know to find fence wire,but glass bottle thrown in high brush really ticks me off.

/ What have you Missed / Hit with your tractor? #10  
I was using my cutter 100 yards from the house and 50 feet below the house and still slung a rock through the top of my dinning room window. Now I wont use my cutter anywhere closer then 500 yards.