Man charged with child abuse after driving kids in back hoe

/ Man charged with child abuse after driving kids in back hoe #2  
Well, it was an orange tractor, so it was abuse!

/ Man charged with child abuse after driving kids in back hoe #4  
Amazing how stupidity has no bounds.
Saw a video of a guy with an inflatable boat on top of his van. Two kids riding in it on the highway.

/ Man charged with child abuse after driving kids in back hoe #5  
I should probably leave this thread alone, but it does have me curious.

What was it that got him the child abuse?

Was it the toddler on the seat with him?
Was it the older kids in the bucket?
Was it the fact that he was on a public road?
Was it the fact that he was in a city/town?

I would wager a guess that if something like that happened around here, 1st, no one would call and complain. And second, a warning is likely all that one would receive.

While I have never driven down the road with someone in the loader bucket, having someone ride in the trailer you are pulling or on the step of the tractor on the way to get wood 1/2-mile down a country road is something I would never give a second thought about.

And my kids, 15 months and 4-yrs now, have both rode with me on the tractor, 4-wheeler, backhoe, etc.

/ Man charged with child abuse after driving kids in back hoe #6  
I should probably leave this thread alone, but it does have me curious.

What was it that got him the child abuse?

Was it the toddler on the seat with him?
Was it the older kids in the bucket?
Was it the fact that he was on a public road?
Was it the fact that he was in a city/town?

I would wager a guess that if something like that happened around here, 1st, no one would call and complain. And second, a warning is likely all that one would receive.

While I have never driven down the road with someone in the loader bucket, having someone ride in the trailer you are pulling or on the step of the tractor on the way to get wood 1/2-mile down a country road is something I would never give a second thought about.

And my kids, 15 months and 4-yrs now, have both rode with me on the tractor, 4-wheeler, backhoe, etc.

I spent plenty of miles in the bed of a truck or on a trailer as a child. Rode on a tractor at age 3 with my father.
Times have changed. Now playing football is getting to be child abuse.
It seems if the child has any chance of getting scratched it is abuse. You are at risk if you do anything that could be perceived as potentially harmful.

/ Man charged with child abuse after driving kids in back hoe #7  
My guess is the official charge was child endangerment v. child abuse.

But, what say you all if the kids were in the back of a pick-up truck going down the road at 45 MPG? Probably more danger to them than going slow in a back hoe. I see kids in pick-up beds quite often in the summer.

MoKelly

/ Man charged with child abuse after driving kids in back hoe #8  
My guess is the official charge was child endangerment v. child abuse.

But, what say you all if the kids were in the back of a pick-up truck going down the road at 45 MPG? Probably more danger to them than going slow in a back hoe. I see kids in pick-up beds quite often in the summer.

MoKelly

Here in Kansas it is illegal to have anyone in the bed of a truck or any place they are not wearing a seat belt

/ Man charged with child abuse after driving kids in back hoe #9  
Here in Kansas it is illegal to have anyone in the bed of a truck or any place they are not wearing a seat belt

Even in the back seat? That is where, I believe, the laws vary between states.

MoKelly