Cherry picker accident while giving children rides

/ Cherry picker accident while giving children rides #2  
Those man lifts are no joke. We use them on location alot and a guy got it stuck and when the Basket got free it launched him 15' higher into the air and he ended up falling about 40'. No fall protection on him.he did survive.

/ Cherry picker accident while giving children rides #3  
Stabilizers not down? Terrible accident.

/ Cherry picker accident while giving children rides #5  
Terrible 100% preventable accident..That JLG lift has no out riggers ,it's stability comes from it's weight and wheelbase stance on the ground. He raised it to full reach while still loaded on a semi trailer for transport and the wind load on the boom toppled the trailer over. Tragic and my heart goes out to the children's families.

/ Cherry picker accident while giving children rides #6  
after the article and reading post #5 above if that's what happened someone is very stupid....if you are on a flat deck it has a suspension and a tipping point on it. I make my living using these things and pushing them to the max reach all the time and very seldom can you even get them to lift a tire you have to be moving it well you are boomed right out (not a good idea :p) there as stable as ****! you would need to be a complete jack to do something like this off a trailer bed!