Toys

/ Toys #11  
SEEMS THERE WAS A STORY out in LA or there abouts in California; A 75 year old body builder/ fitness guru was in top shape, ate all the right things, worked out 3 hrs a day etc....... and was in the physical condition of a 40 year old.........Stepped off a curb in front of a city bus...........Squashed him deader than he........!!.........seems all that training didn't help his preiferal vision any.....TRUE story.......Tom

/ Toys #12  
These people that run 10 miles a day, eat all the right foods and never smoke or drink are going to feel funny when they are lying in the hospital dying of nothing! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Toys #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( SEEMS THERE WAS A STORY out in LA or there abouts in California; A 75 year old body builder/ fitness guru was in top shape, ate all the right things, worked out 3 hrs a day etc....... and was in the physical condition of a 40 year old.........Stepped off a curb in front of a city bus...........Squashed him deader than he........!!.........seems all that training didn't help his preiferal vision any.....TRUE story.......Tom )</font>

My attitude has always been that working out 3 hours a day required a lot of effort and time that could have been spent doing other things, eating the right things involves eating things that don't taste very good, and otherwise trying to extend one's life involves a lot of pain and suffering when there could have been enjoyment and pleasure.

When one of those "extend my life" types goes ahead and dies anyway, I gloat a little at the thought that when I go, I will have no regrets for having wasted any time on extending my life. However, I do think it's productive to look both ways before crossing...

Now, if anyone thinks that eating things that taste bad and sweating over fitness is part of their quality of life, they have my blessing and good wishes. But I LIKE toys and salt and fatty foods and would rather spend those 3 hours a day reading a book, and when it's my time, I will go happy.

/ Toys #14  
I agree with something Mark Twain supposedly said. I don't exercise; could never see any benefit in being tired. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Toys #15  
I went to the doctor last week and he told me to give up smoking, drinking, eating fatty foods and red meat, chasing young women. When I asked if it was going to prolong my life, he replied, no, but you will feel like the days and weeks are never going to end.. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 383364-forestlawn A.jpg
    383364-forestlawn A.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 143