Bee attack fatality

/ Bee attack fatality #2  
I've thought of that possibility, especially when working in an area that hasn't been disturbed for awhile. I guess, it's like any accident, it would happen so quickly and unexpectedly that one would be at its mercy. And yes, having a cab would solve that problem.

/ Bee attack fatality #3  
Yes they imported the African bees into south America. and tried to cross them with tame bees. The African bees are resistant to the avorra mite and the crosses would be also. the africanized bees have been migrating furthur northward every year.

/ Bee attack fatality #4  
So sorry to hear about that.

I was moving a downed tree a few days ago with my grapple and as soon as I had it picked up and too late to get away, my cab was swarmed by bees. I would hate to think what would have happened without the cab.

/ Bee attack fatality #5  
Then again, with a cab you might not hear the bees attacking someone nearby. There's too many trees with branches 7'-10' around here for a cab. The neighbor has one but it is on a 75hp haying tractor.

/ Bee attack fatality #6  
Very sad. Unfortunately, it only takes one or two bees to kill if the person is especially susceptible. Not all of us know if we are, as sensitivity is cumulative, and vulnerability can increase over time. So an icepack when we were 10 years old and running around barefoot may not be enough years later. A 6'6", 270 lb friend of mine was stung by a honey bee (non-Africanized) in his yard about 30 yrs ago, passed out in the car and was dead by the time his wife got him to a 24-hr emergency center 15 minutes later. And that was despite injection of an epi-pen they kept loaded at home.

/ Bee attack fatality #7  
My wife got stung by some yellow jackets while we were picking wineberries this morning. She just happened to step on a larvae cone in the ground. With our soft ground from lots of rain here in central Va, guess they're all over now. Filled in some holes in my blueberry patch area where a skunk had been digging some larvae out of the ground.

Now's the time to suit up when doing any bushhogging.

I've been so lucky. So many times, I'd find big holes dug out (by a bear) just before I was going to bushhog.

No more naked bushhogging for a while.

Ralph

/ Bee attack fatality #8  
A few years I was cleaning up some storm debris and got into a nest of none Africanized bees. I did not have a cab. I am still paying for that hospital visit. Now I do have one.

/ Bee attack fatality #9  
horrible news. :(
I was lucky to have a building to run into when they attacked me and 2 other guys.

/ Bee attack fatality #10  
I've always thought I should get a suit while cutting, got stung once and never saw it coming. Those ground nests are hard to see. Too many restrictions to justify a cab