Kicking the arms off of a 3 pt attachment

/ Kicking the arms off of a 3 pt attachment #21  
My Kubota 2910 has extendable links, but they don't work quite quite like what you are describing. You pull the two anti-sway pins and then push down on a lever behind each hitch point. This allows left/right movement of several inches, forward/back movement of about 6", and up and down movement as needed. The only problem occurs when the pin is too low and the 3-point can't quite drop down far enough.

After attaching, back up to relatch the ball/pin hitch on the lower links, then pull forward to straighten out the implement. It really helps if you are on level ground, i.e. don't try this on a sideways slope. After that, reinsert the anti-sway pins and you are done.

Of course, this explanation doesn't include hooking up the toplink.

/ Kicking the arms off of a 3 pt attachment #22  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm considering making some guides for the draft arms with the Pat's system installed. I visualize some 1/8" steel flanges or plates welded to the pin mounts. These flanges would be about 5" high and attached so they angled in at the front, toward the tractor. As you back up the tractor the draft arms would hit the plates and be guided out to match the pin spacing. Then just lift the draft arms to capture the pins.)</font>

I would be very interested in seeing that if you ever make one. The spacing is my only issue. I did get that spreader bar but haven't tried it yet.

/ Kicking the arms off of a 3 pt attachment #23  
<font color="blue"> My Kubota 2910 has extendable links, but they don't work quite quite like what you are describing. You pull the two anti-sway pins and then push down on a lever behind each hitch point. This allows left/right movement of several inches, forward/back movement of about 6", and up and down movement as needed. The only problem occurs when the pin is too low and the 3-point can't quite drop down far enough.
</font>

Fishman if your 3-point arms do not lower far enough to easily make the attachment without jiggling the implement then I suggest that you readjust your lift linkages. When my TC-40D was delivered from the dealership my tractor had the same problem. The adjustment involved pulling a pin on each lower lift arm and reinserting it into another hole position. My lower arms now drop down lower to make connection to any implement very easy using the telescoping links.

/ Kicking the arms off of a 3 pt attachment #24  
That's a project for after we move to the new place. The tractor and implements are out there, while the welder and all the other tools are at the old place where we currently are staying. So until everything's in the same place, not too much is getting done.

/ Kicking the arms off of a 3 pt attachment #25  
Seems like the most handy tool on the farm is your foot (no pun intended). Always available and right there to be used to beat on some reluctant piece of equipment.

Also the worst darn idea ever -- don't know how many times I have spent several days limping around because I was too lazy to go get the right tool, so I just kicked something. I'm trying to learn better, and I hope I'm making a little progress. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Once you put your feet out of commission it really slows you down. Doesn't help much with those romantic moonlight walks with the wife, either... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Kicking the arms off of a 3 pt attachment #26  
I have to agree with Rimmer about kicking things. When I was in my 40's, I was executing a search warrant and kicked a door in. It took 4 or 5 kicks before it opened. My back took the brunt of it, and I wasn't right for a few days. With the adraneline pumping, you don't feel it at the time. Decide in haste, repent in leisure.

I do have to admit I also find myself kicking the bars off, but I've started using about a 6 foot pry bar to take the tension off the implement. It also helps to align it when hooking up.

Joe