Kicking the arms off of a 3 pt attachment

/ Kicking the arms off of a 3 pt attachment #1  

chucko

Veteran Member
Tractor
bx1800
I was unhooking my box bale and just kicked the lower arm off this weekend. When I kicked the last one off the thing rolled just enough and fast enough to catch my foot between the blade bracket and the arm....Good thing I have small box blade and my wife was there to pick up on it. Nothing broke or cut or anything but it sure could have been.

/ Kicking the arms off of a 3 pt attachment #2  
Pat's Easy Change System would fix that /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Kicking the arms off of a 3 pt attachment #3  
You beat me to it Inspector!

/ Kicking the arms off of a 3 pt attachment #4  
When my tractor doesn't have an implement hooked up to it, I keep the drawbar on the 3pt. I keep all my 3pt implements in a small corral area to keep the horses and cows out/off of them. When I go to hook up an implement, the drawbar stays in the corall where I hitch unhitch. I used to kick the arms off.. but bruised my heal badly one time.. Now I use the drawbar as leverave to pry, or as a big hammer to 'tap' something off. Works great as the cat 1 26" drawbar has some heft to it. Saves your feet and legs too... And in an emergency.. it is a stout prybar.

Soundguy

/ Kicking the arms off of a 3 pt attachment #5  
A less expensive alternative would be to make an implement dolly on wheels, that is if you have a smooth surface to roll it on. That takes a lot of the frustration and hard work out of mounting and dismounting the implements.

I speak from experience/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Kicking the arms off of a 3 pt attachment
Normaly I have something to smack it with but I took it to a field to do some clean up then droped it there to mow before taking it all home.

/ Kicking the arms off of a 3 pt attachment #8  
with Pat's Quickhitch, no pulling, kicking, prying, lifting, bruised feet, skinned knuckles, or @&*+#$% /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Kicking the arms off of a 3 pt attachment #9  
I keep a small sledge in the rear toolbox. A 6 dollar investment (Harbor Freight). I remove the lift arm pins and rap the lower arms standing to the side, not to the back. If the implement rolls as it comes loose it's not rolling toward my body parts, hence no pain.

I'm also wondering how the Pat's Quick Hitch works when you occasionally borrow or rent an implement that you don't already own? Doesn't it have to be set up to fit each of the implements that you use on a regular basis? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Kicking the arms off of a 3 pt attachment #10  
NOPE........just need to space your lift arms out to the rented implement pins /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif