Going up and down a hill not riding sideways mowing. Just straight up and down

/ Going up and down a hill not riding sideways mowing. Just straight up and down #11  
that is a big dozer bucket. I'd be afraid the ground under the tracks would start moving like avalanches do.

Tough job.

They sometimes do. At least they did forty years ago.

/ Going up and down a hill not riding sideways mowing. Just straight up and down #12  
you need one of these. It would do the job for you, safely.

watch a couple minutes of this then skip to the 14:00 mark. You'll be amazed.

/ Going up and down a hill not riding sideways mowing. Just straight up and down #13  
It had me fooled. The problem i now I want one that looks like fun.

/ Going up and down a hill not riding sideways mowing. Just straight up and down #14  
Any suggestions or input is appreciated.

My suggestion is let nature take it's course. 45 degrees is just too dangerous to be on in a tractor...period

/ Going up and down a hill not riding sideways mowing. Just straight up and down #15  
I have a new Holland tc 18. The back of my property has a gradual decline of 100 ft. and then sharp 45 degree drop into a river basin.------------ Any suggestions or input is appreciated.
How did you determine that it is 45 degrees?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Slope Grade-Angle.png
    Slope Grade-Angle.png
    469.8 KB · Views: 1,298
   / Going up and down a hill not riding sideways mowing. Just straight up and down #16  
I always wondered who decided that if a 45d angle is a 100%, why is a 90d angle a 1000% grade.

/ Going up and down a hill not riding sideways mowing. Just straight up and down
I'm pretty handy with tools/cutting so knew what a 45 degree angle was. The hill is 45 degrees.

/ Going up and down a hill not riding sideways mowing. Just straight up and down #18  
I always wondered who decided that if a 45d angle is a 100%, why is a 90d angle a 1000% grade.
A 90d angle is an infinite percent grade. A 1000% grade is 84.29d.

From: CSGNetwork.com Free Information - Calculators, Converters, Apps and Source Code

"A 100 percent grade would be equivalent to a 45-degree angle or, in other words, the rise would be equal to the run. It is also possible to have an infinite percent grade as that is defined as any amount of rise with no run at all. This would be equivalent to the road going straight up at a 90-degree angle"

/ Going up and down a hill not riding sideways mowing. Just straight up and down #19  
a lot of people get on here and ask how steep of a hill can I go up, down, sideways, etc. truth is there is no magical number. each job will be different with way to many different factors to list, I am going to say if you have to ask you don't need to be doing it

/ Going up and down a hill not riding sideways mowing. Just straight up and down #20  
I'm pretty handy with tools/cutting so knew what a 45 degree angle was. The hill is 45 degrees.

Then I wouldn't even consider taking a tractor up to down it. Youtube has lots of picture of tractors flipping over on lesser slopes.