Dynalube 12 Volt Grease Gun DANGER

/ Dynalube 12 Volt Grease Gun DANGER #1  

Industrial Toys

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota R510 Wheel Loader + Cab and backhoe, JD 6200 Open Station, Cushman 6150, 4x4, ten foot 56 hp Kubota diesel hydraulic wing mower, Steiner 430 Diesel Max, Kawasaki Diesel Mule, JD 4x2 Electric Gator
I never realized that unlike most nicad or other battery packs, the terminals on these batteries are completley exposed. I had removed a fully charged pack and placed it on my bench, cluttered as usual. Later, coming into the garage, I smelled plastic burning! A metal square had come accross the exposed contacts!

This is VERY, VERY dangerous in my opinion! I am not a big proponent of all this Saftey non-sense (for liability reasons) these days, but this design is just wrong and at least deserves a large warning label!

I am also angry and perplexed why they would not internally fuse the pack. This could be a nuisance, but not narly as much as having your place catch fire!.

Last edited:
   / Dynalube 12 Volt Grease Gun DANGER #2  
I'm kind of surprised they didn't use a "gozinto" design for the hot leads and pins on the powered part of the assembly.

/ Dynalube 12 Volt Grease Gun DANGER #3  
I can't wait for the gummint to protect all of us from every possible act of negligence, carelessness and stupidity.

You want some real excitement, drop a crowbar across the posts of a fully charged BCI group 31 battery.

/ Dynalube 12 Volt Grease Gun DANGER #4  
You want some real excitement, drop a crowbar across the posts of a fully charged BCI group 31 battery.

Or a metal square. :shocked:

/ Dynalube 12 Volt Grease Gun DANGER #5  
I can't wait for the gummint to protect all of us from every possible act of negligence, carelessness and stupidity.

Did you do this on the Fourth of July after the fireworks ran low? :laughing:

/ Dynalube 12 Volt Grease Gun DANGER #6  

It's already been done.....

Reminded me of a warning label I found once on a new laptop battery: "WARNING! Do not drive nails into this battery. Danger of fire and personal injury."

SimS

/ Dynalube 12 Volt Grease Gun DANGER #7  
all battery terminals are exposed.

This is a great example of how personal responsibility for your safety is first and foremost YOUR personal responsibility and not someone elses job.

/ Dynalube 12 Volt Grease Gun DANGER #8  

i was taking a battery out.. of course working on neg post first.. and my wrench hit + as well..

can we say showers of sparks....

/ Dynalube 12 Volt Grease Gun DANGER #9  
i was taking a battery out.. of course working on neg post first.. and my wrench hit + as well..

can we say showers of sparks....

Negative first?---Not if it's positive ground. Don't see many, but they're still around

/ Dynalube 12 Volt Grease Gun DANGER #10