You may be manufacturing an intoxicant in your shop

/ You may be manufacturing an intoxicant in your shop #2  
What was going into the compressor's intake?

/ You may be manufacturing an intoxicant in your shop #3  
They mean canned air, not compressed air, but either way it's huffing, and dangerous when driving. She seems like a perfect candidate for a CCW permit though, 3 strikes, non-violent crime, mug shots on record, why not give her a gun so she can protect herself if she hallucinates a zombie apocalypse attack next time she's out being a menace to society?!:confused3:

/ You may be manufacturing an intoxicant in your shop
If it is "canned air," would it be the propellant and not the air that is the problem?

My only experience with the word is when the wolf wants to blow down the little pig's house. :)

Bruce

PS: I see now "Canned air" may not even be air.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas_duster

/ You may be manufacturing an intoxicant in your shop #5  
That's the thing. Since it's in a can it needs 'stuff' to propel it out of the can. Hence the propellants are what contain the huffable components that cause the respiratory distress and possible passing out and other adverse effects.

/ You may be manufacturing an intoxicant in your shop #6  
I think the canned "air" might use propane as a propellant.

/ You may be manufacturing an intoxicant in your shop #7  
Could someone please explain why propellant is neccessary at all? I have used a sure-shot sprayer for years. Put some fluid in it, pressurize it with compressed air and you are good to go.

/ You may be manufacturing an intoxicant in your shop #8  
Years ago I used to have a little oxygen from the o/a set up to help now & then with a hangover, just the opposite.:D

/ You may be manufacturing an intoxicant in your shop #9  
Could someone please explain why propellant is neccessary at all? I have used a sure-shot sprayer for years. Put some fluid in it, pressurize it with compressed air and you are good to go.
More volume of gas from the same size can without having to make a stronger can.
Choose something that becomes liquid at over 100 PSI and you can get a lot more CF of 100 PSI gas out of the same can.

Aaron Z

/ You may be manufacturing an intoxicant in your shop #10  
Normal people use canned compressed air for cleaning key boards and such..Huffing that or paint never made much sense to me. But I can't speak from experience beyond the massive buzz I got painting a 70 Mustang convertible with lacquer...Geez that was bad, even with a commercial resperator (no paint booth in those days).