3 yr old killed in tractor accident

/ 3 yr old killed in tractor accident #41  
Was thinking about that too, that's probably the safest if you can still see

/ 3 yr old killed in tractor accident #43  
I've seen a thread in the past where someone was looking for, and failed to find a small tractor "buddy seat."

I have a buddy seat on mine. Folds down when not in use and small person holds on to the bar on the cab door for stability. Kids love it but it 's only for joy rides never for work, the cargo being way too valuable!

image.jpeg

/ 3 yr old killed in tractor accident #44  
Seems like cabbed tractors (especially larger ones) offer more buddy seat possibilities.

/ 3 yr old killed in tractor accident #45  
Seems like cabbed tractors (especially larger ones) offer more buddy seat possibilities.

And much more safety in general. Not so easy to fall out/off. A kid can still hit a lever or something, but not liable to hurt/kill the kid.

Of course you can still put them in the bucket. A well known kid killing mechanism. But I have seen people do it. I bet there are people on this forum that have/would/will let their children ride in the bucket. "well we were going real slow". Bet on it.

/ 3 yr old killed in tractor accident #46  
Understood. Might sharing with this distant neighbor, in a non-confrontational manner, about this tragedy be worthwhile considering as part of being a 'good neighbor'?

BTW, like your list of corrections. These basic English language errors drive me nutz! A few come to mind to possibly add: since and sense, not the same. Irregardless, wrong, regardless, right.

In this case, I can't think of any way I'd ever be able to talk to this guy without something very unusual happening...like my truck breaking down in front of his property (house is set way back from the road). He has a gate at the street that's closed, and I'm sure as heck not going to open it and walk/drive back there!

Every time people comment on language errors I think of more I want to add...waist/waste, write/right, etc and don't get me started on "irregardless" :shocked:

/ 3 yr old killed in tractor accident #47  
Print out a copy of that article and leave it in his newspaper box.

You know, I like that. I'd probably modify it a bit, and just mail it to him since all of my vehicles are pretty distinct and I'd rather stay anonymous.