Recovery point metal thick enough?

/ Recovery point metal thick enough? #11  
There might be a lot of meat behind the rear hole, but if there was ever an accident and a lawyer saw that stinger, there would be a huge problem.

I would correct the problem with the receiver.

/ Recovery point metal thick enough? #12  
There might be a lot of meat behind the rear hole, but if there was ever an accident and a lawyer saw that stinger, there would be a huge problem.

Very good advice.

What looks good, works good don't count when certification is looked at.

/ Recovery point metal thick enough?
Seems like your receiver is very shallow. Is there an obstruction preventing it from going further in?

No, nothing. A regular ball type insert works no problem. The shackle is actually what hits the very end of the hitch... and only needed to go in another 1/8" maybe... but I don't have a machine shop. LOL I suppose if I would have put a 5/8" shackle in it would have worked...

I've talked to some welders and people I trust and they think it should be no problem. I think the truck's hitch is the limiting factor here. It's only going to be used if I plow too far into a snow bank and need a tug back.

Thanks for the replies guys.

/ Recovery point metal thick enough?

There's no problem with the receiver... and I'm not sure what you mean by "stinger"?

/ Recovery point metal thick enough? #15  

Some of you really like to overthink things. It’s fine. As mentioned, the pin will shear long before that rips out.

/ Recovery point metal thick enough? #16  
Some of you really like to overthink things. It痴 fine. As mentioned, the pin will shear long before that rips out.

Overthinking ?? Is the alteration made by a certified person or inspected by one is what counts.

/ Recovery point metal thick enough? #17  
Overthinking ?? Is the alteration made by a certified person or inspected by one is what counts.

Yes, overthinking. Certified for what? Do they have Tow Strap Certification in Canada now? :rolleyes:

/ Recovery point metal thick enough? #18  
The original manufacturer will be able to state it was made under controlled conditions to certain specifications including engineering design. Alterations after that have changed it. It is not the same item anymore.