Another clothing caught in PTO shaft death....

/ Another clothing caught in PTO shaft death.... #1  

MossRoad

Super Moderator
Tractor
Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year
   / Another clothing caught in PTO shaft death.... #2  
Always sad when someone gets complacent and pays the ultimate price.

/ Another clothing caught in PTO shaft death.... #3  
A local dairy farmer was using a PTO shaft powered conveyor for moving material from a wagon to a silo and his sleeves on his coveralls got caught in the shaft. He was working with his son and nephew when it happened. The shaft had no guard.

Be careful folks. :(

Police identify man killed in weekend farming accident

http://www.southbendtribune.com/new...cle_c5aa61a5-3f9e-5c4a-9bdb-5532c1cf8e96.html

All pto shafts for the past several decades had shields and those that did not should have been upgraded.
If somebody had mentioned the day before that the pto shaft was dangerous. Imagine what the answer would have been?

/ Another clothing caught in PTO shaft death.... #4  
That's why I only wear paper towel clothes when I farm.

uploadfromtaptalk1453307833678.jpg

/ Another clothing caught in PTO shaft death.... #6  
I found it on the Internet.

/ Another clothing caught in PTO shaft death.... #7  
   / Another clothing caught in PTO shaft death.... #8  
Mebbe not the best thread for the humor, eh?

- Jay

/ Another clothing caught in PTO shaft death.... #9  
I have PTO shafts with no guards. I just don't go near them, when running, EVER! How difficult is this? I shut a tractor OFF, before touching a PTO. Maybe certain people just should not be allowed around machinery, period. Not saying it's not a really sad accident.

/ Another clothing caught in PTO shaft death....
From one of the articles....

The number of farm fatalities in the state in 2015 is not available yet from Purdue University, which keeps annual records. In 2014, there were 25 farm-related fatalities in Indiana, up from 18 the previous year, according to figures provided by the university.
There were 26 farm deaths in the Hoosier state in 2012 and 16 in 2011.
According to Purdue reseachers, the number of farm fatalities is on a downward trend with less than 30 deaths every year since 1996.
There were two years between 1996 and 1970 when Indiana farm deaths topped 50 each year.