Overloaded?

/ Overloaded? #11  
What a way to commit suicide!!! Just slam on the brakes during an emergency stop and have a backhoe take your head off.

/ Overloaded? #12  
fishman,

Do you think if he got in an accident his lawyer could file a claim because the trailer didn't have any warning stickers on it /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

In the Detroit area that's an accident waiting to happen!

/ Overloaded? #13  
Ive seen alot of these rigs to. Even built a few but i made sure they had brakes. My main concern is the no chains and the tow vehicle. I haul my hoes around with a 1 ton and a 7 ton gooseneck. Or on a home built equipment trailer thats also rated at 7 tons. But I have a chain and binder oked on the fron middle and the rear then also on holding the boom on the trailer to make up for any leak down. Alot of folks here I build the railers made out of the ruk front axles like the one in the picture are used for moving farm crawlers or small excavators across property to save under cariages usually pulled by a larger farm tractor. On my personal trailers I have lights, chains, straps, brakes, binders,DOT aproved reflactive tape and springs.

/ Overloaded? #14  
I wish i had my camera the other day. Right in front of our work, A guy in an 80's model blazer with a huge body lift/mud tires was pulling a 20' tandem axleflatbet with fold up ramps. The ramps were kinda crescent shaped. The trailer was piled high with a couple cut up oaks.. branches trunks and all. There was a rubber tired bobcat style loader pulled up on the back.. and the trailer was so full of debri, that the bobcat was actually pulled up onto the pile.. its rear even with the folded up ramps.. its front tires were setting inbetween the tandem axle... tires were splayed way out like that too.. and neary a rope or chain anywhere.. not even on the limbs. When he went over a bump, trailer neck came up and made the blazer fishtail wildely... I think the driver probably almost spilled his beer..... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Glad I wasn't on the road... ( where was DOT when ya needed them.. )

Soundguy

/ Overloaded?
Well I thought ya'll might appreciate a look at this. I've taken to carrying my camera with me and have been surprised at how many interesting things I've been able to record. I missed out on a long haybarn the other day that was rolled up like an opened sardine can . . . no camera.

/ Overloaded? #16  
John either you guys have narrow roads there in Texas or that load is really wide. I don't particularly care for all the debris on the hoe and trailer just waiting to commit sucide into my windshield. Rat...

/ Overloaded?
Well, that was a fairly narrow road, but it was a wide load too.

/ Overloaded? #18  
With all the concern about safety expressed here, I'm suprised someone hasn't mentioned driving down the highway taking pictures!! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Overloaded?
/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Overloaded? #20  
Passanger photographer?

Soundguy