Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360

Post your unsafe finds.

Bruce

/ The Safety Police just fainted #2  
Where do you find this stuff Bruce?? :p

/ The Safety Police just fainted
There is a whole world of interesting videos out there if you quit searching in English.

For example, use Google Translate to any eastern European language, for anything you are interested in, paste it into YouTube, then spend some time following suggestions on the right side of the screen.

Bruce

/ The Safety Police just fainted #4  
But he's wearing work gloves....

/ The Safety Police just fainted #5  
Morbid story. A local man was digging holes by himself. Had a long bolt stuck thru the auger for a shear pin. His 20 year old daughter came to visit. She did what this guy is doing. Bolt got her. Didn't rip her leg completely off but might as well have. Artificial leg now.

/ The Safety Police just fainted #7  
Before my time, on a farm I now rent, guy stayed digging holes while the other two went for lunch. Same as ovrszd said, he had used a long bolt for a shear pin and was either adding weight to the auger or clearing around the hole. What ever he was wearing entered the space occupied by the makeshift shear pin. I'll spare the details but he was not found in time.

/ The Safety Police just fainted #8  
Gloves and rotating equipment is bad ju ju. We had a fellow at work get wrapped around a shaft in a lathe like that. He no longer works with what's left of his hands.

/ The Safety Police just fainted #9  
Hey, he rolled his sleeves up, ....a little...:rolleyes: Kind of like handling a rattlesnake, you just got to know where to touch 'em:D

In reality that fella never really gave it a thought, he probably has been doing that for years. Not saying it won't bite him some day, but he would tell you he knows what he was doing and was being careful.

Along that line, I can tell a little bit of a scary story that ended OK.
We were building forms for my BIL's shop building and we were using a skil-saw. The Brother In Law was making sure that the saw was unplugged each time after it was used. His 2 year old boy was playing in the area.

Of course we lost track of the boy, and we looked up to see the boy with one hand on the handle of the saw, and pulling the trigger, and the other hand was manually spinning the blade while making "saw sounds". The father screamed "Nathan, get away from that saw" as he started off on a dead run towards the boy. The boy replied, "I being careful". Fortunately the saw was unplugged, but how can you be sure?

WE have used the term "I being careful" for the last 30 years.