Slip-clutch PTO Shaft?

/ Slip-clutch PTO Shaft? #1  

Boone

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota b7500hst
Possible to purchase a PTO shaft with a slip clutch?

/ Slip-clutch PTO Shaft? #2  
I've never seen one, the clutch is always a separate item. What would the advantage be to having them together?

/ Slip-clutch PTO Shaft?
I thought I saw a pto shaft that had a slip clutch integrated. One advantage would be running equipment like a tiller that doesn't come equiped with a slip clutch with out an expensive upgrade.
I did find a thread for a source of a slip clutch at what looks like a fair price $62.49) from Agri Supply.

/ Slip-clutch PTO Shaft? #4  
Yes, they make PTO shafts with slip clutches.

You'll find them on most tillers. The one I used bolted up on one side and had a splined quick coupler on the other. You'll have to order a spline/spline set up with quick couplers on both sides most of the time, I know my dealer does not stock them. Last one I got was $255.00, it was HD. I have a custom shaft on order right now, the dealer used Bush Hog part numbers. The usual Italian company's catalogs don't list as many combinations. Bush Hog has a great selection of drive lines you can custom build, I think they use Italian parts.

Beware of the slip clutch size, make sure it will clear the tiller etc. My Agri-Fab tiller has no clearence for a slip clutch unless you put it in the middle of the PTO shaft which wouldn't work on the 32" length I had to work with. Still using shear pins on that one. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif