SC (lucky) man gets leg caught in the PTO shaft and...

/ SC (lucky) man gets leg caught in the PTO shaft and... #1  

kebo

Elite Member
Tractor
2001 John Deere 790 4x4, bar tires
lives to tell about it. VERY LUCKY guy. No pic's at the link.

Sumter Co. man injured in tractor accident - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina
[h=3]Sumter Co. man injured in tractor accident
[/h]SUMTER COUNTY, SC (WIS) - A Sumter County man was seriously injured Thursday after his leg got caught in a tractor.

Sumter County Fire Capt. Joey Duggan said a 20-year-old man was bush-hogging with a tractor Thursday evening on the 8900 block of Highway 261 South in Pinewood when his leg got caught in the PTO of the tractor. This then twisted his leg into the machine.

Duggan said the man was airlifted to Palmetto Health Richland with serious injuries, but not life-threatening.
Copyright 2016 WIS. All rights reserved.

/ SC (lucky) man gets leg caught in the PTO shaft and... #2  
Checking past posts here . There is a long list of names who are positive that thier equipmemt's pto shafts do not require shielding .

/ SC (lucky) man gets leg caught in the PTO shaft and... #3  
Checking past posts here . There is a long list of names who are positive that thier equipmemt's pto shafts do not require shielding .

Sheilding? We federales, we don't need no stinking shielding!:laughing:

/ SC (lucky) man gets leg caught in the PTO shaft and... #4  
Sheilding? We federales, we don't need no stinking shielding!:laughing:

Real men don't use protection, says he with one arm!

/ SC (lucky) man gets leg caught in the PTO shaft and... #5  
   / SC (lucky) man gets leg caught in the PTO shaft and... #6  
Real men don't need protection after getting it caught in the PTO shaft

/ SC (lucky) man gets leg caught in the PTO shaft and... #7  
May I suggest you pull up the "Power tool song" easy find on the internet. Listen very carefully, it will make you laugh as you listen to a very correct song or story telling it is. But do listen to it, sadly correct. Now someone needs to write one in regards to tractors to help understand the larger issue of death and limbs torn off.

Years ago I worked at large heavy equipment plant. Our equipment used hyd steering. Now many here are hyd experts but most are not. The steering motor was a four hose "motor" which hosed one way was a valve to control the flow but reverse two hoses and it became a high speed true "MOTOR". When the machine being built was fired up of course all systems went live and that included the hyd pumps and controls. A friend ran his hand through the steering wheel to crank it for the crew firing it up when it fired it was hosed wrong promptly tearing his arm off...30 plus years later it still haunts me for only by the grace of God was I not on the one who operated the key and not the person who did. Then I know I probably would not have run my arm through the steering wheel for I am left handed and he was right handed to access the key. The line "I just did not think" is one I really hate to hear for man God gave us a brain, he really wants us to use it but we get comfortable and stop thinking...sad