ROPS Rebate Program

/ ROPS Rebate Program #2  
Once sufficient funds have been raised for rebates, the National ROPS Rebate Program (NRRP) will be available to all U.S. farmers who wish to retrofit tractors, on a first-come first-served basis. This program will be reflective of the current, regional program and offer hotline assistance and web enrollment.
Looks like it's only a few states--"regional program". In Texas, you have to be a registered farmer and have a tax number to take advantage of the sales tax exemption. You can no longer just walk in to Tractor Supply (or anywhere else) and say your purchase if for a farm for tax exemption. I don't know what other states have but it looks like you will need to show that you are a "U.S farmer".

/ ROPS Rebate Program #3  
In NC, the NC Farm Bureau will cost share $550 to help install ROPS on older tractors. Just need to be a FB member $25/year.

/ ROPS Rebate Program #4  
In NC, the NC Farm Bureau will cost share $550 to help install ROPS on older tractors. Just need to be a FB member $25/year.

That is what my Farm Bureau rep told me. They are somewhat confused on some models that had ROPS available. My 4610 SU had the ROPS optional in 83. I had to point that out to them. They will only apply the rebate if you get a factory approved ROPS and it must be dealer installed. That cost was going to be well north of 2K. I was able to get a used Ford factor ROPS and install it myself for less than $300.