Mortars and Rockets, Right to Ignite.

/ Mortars and Rockets, Right to Ignite. #1  

TomSeller

Tractor
JD, Massey, Kubota, Case
Upcoming 4th of July and I have not bought yet. Any igniters out there?

/ Mortars and Rockets, Right to Ignite. #3  
I agree......much too dry......should be illegal........burn your own property down....not mine or public property.

/ Mortars and Rockets, Right to Ignite. #4  
RIGHTS!! You do not have the right to jeopardize the lives or property of your neighbors.

You mention mortars and rockets; most states (WA, OR, ID I know do) require a Professional Pryo-Technician licensed person to ignite those over certain sizes and only for local jurisdiction approved displays. In those three states those sizes cannot be bought by the public except on the reservations. Local sales are limited to the real small stuff and no bottle rockets either. Due to the increase in injuries and fires; counties and cities are banning the sale and use of fireworks at any time anywhere by the public. The reservations up here are taking a big revenue hit over this and you do not want to pay the fines if caught or the property damage you may cause.

The old days are long gone!

Ron

/ Mortars and Rockets, Right to Ignite.
RIGHTS!! You do not have the right to jeopardize the lives or property of your neighbors.

Geez... Who said I have neighbors to worry about? Got your exercise jumping to conclusions today?

/ Mortars and Rockets, Right to Ignite. #6  
I certainly didn't expect that response either. Never heard of a fire from them in my area, just idiots blowing their fingers apart. I have no interest. They don't entertain me much at all.

/ Mortars and Rockets, Right to Ignite. #7  
A much safer 4th of july celebration if you have enough property to a case or two of clays and shotshells with small (8 or 9) shot, and a thrower. You will have lots of fun, no chance of fires and firearms are typically safer than fireworks. Unfortunately I live in the woods, and don't have enough flyway to launch a clay pigeon, or have enough property that the shot will fall only on my land.

/ Mortars and Rockets, Right to Ignite. #10  
I had alway enjoyed shooting fire works.
My son and my wife each set my dock on fire a year apart.
Seems all our lake side friends shoot fire works.

We do it much less these days. The lake community puts on a show that looks like the grand finally for over an hour. We not get the kids and grandkids in two boats and two very big tubs one over 12 ft across and play in the water before the show. The guys seem to drink a lot of beer. There is also several good friends there to make sure there are enough sober drivers.
I like to put on my life jacket and float around with a beer.