SC man dies after being trapped underneath tractor

/ SC man dies after being trapped underneath tractor #1  

kebo

Elite Member
Tractor
2001 John Deere 790 4x4, bar tires
Another tragedy that could probably have been averted if the gentleman had been a little more careful. There are no pic's at the link.

Coroner: Aiken County man dies after being trapped under tractor - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina

[FONT=&quot]MONETTA, SC (WIS) -An Aiken County man has died in a farming accident Tuesday. Aiken County Coroner Tim Carlton says 67-year-old Roger Loge was pronounced dead near his Monetta home. Officials say Loge was found by his neighbor after his wife, who was out of town, couldn稚 reach him and he did not show up for work. Investigators believe Loge was trying to attach a front-end loader to his tractor when the tractor rolled forward and trapped him underneath.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Carlton says an autopsy will be performed on Loge Wednesday. [/FONT]

/ SC man dies after being trapped underneath tractor #2  
**** that's a bad way to go!! Sorry to hear this news. Bob

/ SC man dies after being trapped underneath tractor #3  
Prayers sent for the family and friends. A very good friend of mine flipped a tractor, was pined under it and was found dead. He was making a way for a boy scout troop to get their gear to a camp sight on the top of a hill. Be careful out there it only takes a second. Ed

/ SC man dies after being trapped underneath tractor #4  
Sad, wonder if he had heart attack or such that lead to it. Had a friend a few years ago who somehow feel off a tractor he was using and ended up in front a tire which pushed the breath out of him. Never did make sense. It is always on my mind not to walk under a load and oh getting between a tractor and any implement is so dangerous but some are about impossible to connect without doing so. Most dangerous to me is a rear mounted side cutter.

At same time in our local news about a month back they told about a local death in tractor incident and it turned out to be not correct. No idea how it happened but the tractor tire rolled over his leg. kt

/ SC man dies after being trapped underneath tractor #5  
We were down at the state park just up the road recently and saw a state trooper driving up to the USFS land behind the park. I thought that seemed extremely odd then we found out what happened. Another tractor accident.
Man's body found under tractor mower in northwest Nebraska
CHADRON, Neb. -- Authorities are investigating the death of a Dawes County man whose body was found under his tractor mower.

The body of 68-year-old Dave Gilmore was found around 9 p.m. Monday on his property near Chadron State Park. County Attorney Vance Haug said Tuesday that a preliminary investigation shows the death was accidental

/ SC man dies after being trapped underneath tractor #6  
How does a trantor flip forward?

/ SC man dies after being trapped underneath tractor #7  
Whenever there is a news story and you have first hand knowledge, it always amazes me, how inaccurate the information is. In most news stories a bulldozer is the same as a tractor and to most who read it, who cares!

Many of my accidents seem to come out of nowhere, and yet, clearly too many people just don't do enough thinking. In general and about safety considerations in particular.

I am always leary of being in a place where I could be pinned. I don't like walking inbetween a closed shed door and a runnning tractor, even if it is in PARK. If I do, I keep my eyes fixed to it's headlights, looking for signs it may lunge at me.

/ SC man dies after being trapped underneath tractor #8  
Whenever there is a news story and you have first hand knowledge, it always amazes me, how inaccurate the information is.

:laughing:I sure learned that during my career in law enforcement.:laughing:

/ SC man dies after being trapped underneath tractor #9  
How does a trantor flip forward?

You read it the way I did the first time, here is the way it is written: " rolled" forward I read that to mean it rolled over forward but think they mean it "rolled on it's wheels forward". One reason I like an implement on the 3pth, makes a good parking brake. I still do not understand how or why he was between the tractor and the FEL but it may have been a rear wheel that ran over him, the devil is in the details. kt

I try to keep my not needed hand behind me when doing such for if you are not careful it will end up just resting in a bad location also.

/ SC man dies after being trapped underneath tractor #10  
Uncle of mine mowing to close to a small canal, tractor rolled sideways, pinned him under the water, someone found him with one hand sticking out of the water.
Such a sad way to die.