Slow Down, Move Over Video-It's the LAW!

/ Slow Down, Move Over Video-It's the LAW! #71  
I have several times been at a nighttime incident scene on the road where the use of ALL the emergency lighting on EVERY responder vehicle has made it difficult to see well. Even with relatively clean glass. This is especially true for high-energy strobes. The exception is the downward aimed floodlights often found on fire trucks.

/ Slow Down, Move Over Video-It's the LAW! #72  
It is insane how bright some of the lights can get. Sometimes that's all you can see it's binding. Not sure why they think brighter is necessarily safer if you're blinded by the intensity of the safety lights.

Agree. Some of the lights are so bright at night that you can't see the Trooper standing next to the car or out in the middle of the road trying to direct traffic. Lights need to be directed downward so they don't shine directly into your eyes. The LEDs are worse than the older style lamps.

/ Slow Down, Move Over Video-It's the LAW! #73  
Some of the led lights are harder on the eyes than others. Most agencies buy supplies based on price not quality.
as with any profession some are better than others. I have worked with many great as well as some terrible officers
In my area we have special deputies, they take a course on safety, pay $100 and they get a uniform and badge. They are used to direct traffic for special events or construction. Typically they do bad job and think they are god's gift to the motorist

/ Slow Down, Move Over Video-It's the LAW! #74  
Well it finally happened to me tonight. Responding to a box alarm for smoke in a building. 15 year old girl driving on a permit went left instead of right. I went back to check on vehicle occupants and the dad wants to cuss me. Now I get to go to romper room court.

/ Slow Down, Move Over Video-It's the LAW! #75  
Well it finally happened to me tonight. Responding to a box alarm for smoke in a building. 15 year old girl driving on a permit went left instead of right. I went back to check on vehicle occupants and the dad wants to cuss me. Now I get to go to romper room court.

What happened?

/ Slow Down, Move Over Video-It's the LAW! #76  
Improper yield to an emergency vehicle. Unfortunately, even though they train ad-nauseum in EVOC to expect the unexpected, you just can't predict stupidity or panic. Was this in a POV or Apparatus?

/ Slow Down, Move Over Video-It's the LAW! #77  
Here's a fresh one from CT. You cannot tell me that this driver was not talking or texting. Trooper was first of two with lights activated. Trooper was in the car and was shoved 80 feet.

troopcrash.jpg

/ Slow Down, Move Over Video-It's the LAW! #78  
Wow, that is quite the bang-up! I bet the trooper has serious whiplash from that. The patrol car kind of looks like an AMC Gremlin now. Too many distracted drivers out there for my taste.

/ Slow Down, Move Over Video-It's the LAW! #79  
Same answer given as for 'Why were you going so fast?'

"I didn't see you." :rolleyes:

People seem to drive as though they don't have to pay attention, that anyone on the road is in their way, and that only others will make mistakes and get ticketed.

/ Slow Down, Move Over Video-It's the LAW! #80  
truck1.jpg

truck2.jpg

The impact wasn't bad. It was raining and the truck fishtailed. Thought it was going to roll over on the third time. Got it stopped and asked if everyone was ok. Nothing but silence