Lifting Equipment safely

/ Lifting Equipment safely
Princess Auto sells one similar if not identical to that one too. I never could understand why they didn't make it sized for garden tractors since there's a lot of old rich guys with garden tractors who don't like to kneel down or bend over to work on it.

I don't know why you think it's just old rich guys who need help...any of us with severe arthritis and/or too many operations would sure appreciate a good lift. But Mace, you are right, it stops at 1000 pounds. My JD X750 weighs almost double that with the mower, same with my Gravely rider. I'm sure your typical JD L110 would do just fine. I've never liked jacking the front end up so far anyway to get under, sometimes the gas runs out and even an oil drip once in a while. Keeping machinery level has its advantages.
Even if I made that motorcycle lift bigger, by extensions, just not enough lift. I need one ton to do this safely.

I just built a carryall for the back of my new(to me) little Massey, and that helps me haul heavy things around with much less lifting, I can drag trees and planting material right into the carryall at almost ground level. So that really helped in the close to ground hauling...now I need something to pick it all up and I think the palletized lift with my FEL, with a good stand for the pallet once placed, would be the hot (and simple) ticket for me. And some really good safety stops/holders so the machine doesn't roll off at four feet up.

As I go through changing oil and winterizing so many of these little machines, and doing all that bending over, this lift idea keeps popping up.

/ Lifting Equipment safely #32  
Do you have $$ for some posts, a few 6x6's and a bunch of 2x6's?
Do you have a place you could build a "work table"?

Alternatively find a section of used pallet rack. Used pallet rack normally goes for about $20/beam, $50/upright and $20/ mesh shelf. The minimum needed is 2 uprights and 4 beams. So for $220 you could get the minimum so you had a shelf to work on and vast potential for expansion.

And it's like adult tinkertoys. 8x6SAM_0727.jpg

/ Lifting Equipment safely
pallet racks, good to know. There is even a usedpalletracks.com.........
will that hold a ton?

/ Lifting Equipment safely #35  
There are Costco racks that hold 2000lbs per shelf (dispersed), with 4 shelves for total of 8000lbs. They are $150, but go on sale for $125 at times. I have several and have loaded them with heavy stuff (not near the rating) and they appear to be holding up well. Perhaps one could be adapted to do what you need..

/ Lifting Equipment safely #36  
No matter how you lift something never, ever get under a slung load. Lower the load unto strong supports till it just rests on the support before getting under tractor or implement. That way you have the sling and supports in case one or the other lets go. You seem to be working on a hard level working surface but sometimes what seems level ground outside just isn't. Unless the supports have a wide footprint they could topple over on uneven or soft ground

Not to nag, but don't get under an implement that raised. All it takes is a busted hydraulic line or a leaking valve and the implement could either sag or suddenly drop with you or parts of you under it.