NC man killed after ATV rolls over him while dragging a log with it....

/ NC man killed after ATV rolls over him while dragging a log with it.... #1  

kebo

Elite Member
Tractor
2001 John Deere 790 4x4, bar tires
We all know tractors are deadly in a roll over, but atv's can be too. Sorry, there are no pic's at the link.

A 46-year-old North Carolina man was killed Friday when he was pinned under his ATV while hauling logs, deputies said.
McDowell County sheriff痴 deputies said William Scott Stockton, of Marion, and two friends were cutting fallen trees and using an ATV to drag the lumber out of the woods near E.P. Boyd Drive in Marion.

The friends hooked a log to Stockton痴 ATV around noon, and he pulled it some distance out of the woods, McDowellNews.com reported. When Stockton didn稚 come back, the friends went to look for him, and found him pinned underneath his ATV, unresponsive.
EMS responded to the location, but Stockton was pronounced dead when they arrived.

Man hauling logs dies after being pinned under ATV, deputies say

/ NC man killed after ATV rolls over him while dragging a log with it.... #3  
This was just down the road from me. I knew the family...the guy's son was one of my students in 8th grade. The family had a good bit of logging experience. It seems tragedy can strike regardless of experience level. Prayers for the family.

/ NC man killed after ATV rolls over him while dragging a log with it.... #4  
Indeed a shame...thoughts/prayers to family.

/ NC man killed after ATV rolls over him while dragging a log with it.... #5  
I saw a similar article last fall. A guy was using an ATV to drag an elk out of the woods. Apparently the elk got hung up and it caused the atv to flip back and he was impaled on the elk's antlers.