THINK! Just lost a neighbor last evening.

/ THINK! Just lost a neighbor last evening. #1  

Cataclysm

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS4155HC
An older gentleman and a good neighbor that was around farm equipment all his life. Got his truck stuck in the creek and went and got his tractor to pull it out and turned the tractor over on himself. He will be missed.

I live just around the corner and have all kinds of equipment and would have gladly gone over there and helped. This is very frustrating and very preventable.

Please THINK about what you are doing and don't be afraid to ask for help.

/ THINK! Just lost a neighbor last evening. #2  
Sorry you lost your neighbor.

I've gotten somewhat better on the thinking part, but the asking for help part is something i still need to work on.

/ THINK! Just lost a neighbor last evening. #3  
Very sorry to hear about your neighbor, I'm sure you will miss him!
I have noticed that "I've always done it that way" has taken more than one individual I know. Tough to change habits.
I'm not sure I've gotten better on the thinking part, but I know I haven't gotten better on the asking for help part! See, you never learn.

George

/ THINK! Just lost a neighbor last evening. #4  
Sorry to hear about the older fellow. I try to remind myself, "it only takes a few second more" to do something the right way and not wind up dead or maimed. The older I get, the more likely I am to ask for help or have someone around just in case I need the help.

/ THINK! Just lost a neighbor last evening. #5  
Sad story. That is the because we are here to learn more.

/ THINK! Just lost a neighbor last evening. #6  
Sad, life is precious. Death is terminal. Hard to realize that sometimes.

Saw a report the other day about how dangerous farming is compared to might have been the fishing industry and it was worse.

/ THINK! Just lost a neighbor last evening. #7  
Sorry to hear about your neighbor;we had almost the same exact thing happen on our road some years ago.A fellow got his truck stuck(loaded with wood) got his wife to pull him out with an 8N or 9N and she flipped it over on herself.

/ THINK! Just lost a neighbor last evening. #8  
Wow, I'm very sorry your neighbor lost his life. Hate it for the family. As OP pointed out, you have to be smart enough to know when you can't do a job by yourself, and don't be afraid to ask for some help.

/ THINK! Just lost a neighbor last evening. #9  
Two seconds to vertical, and it looks slow.

Bruce