Time for Chainsaw Chaps

/ Time for Chainsaw Chaps #11  
I have Stihl brand chaps that I sometimes use. Now I think I will always use them!!!! And a forestry helmet with face shield. I have the face shield that is fine mesh-- I like it better than clear plastic since it breathes ...

/ Time for Chainsaw Chaps #12  
"Are there chaps that are cooler in hot weather?"

With chaps, I find I can wear shorts and still feel safe.
Some may say shorts and chainsaws aren't a good mix, but beats wearing pants without chaps. Though pants may help with briars, ticks, & sawdust, they provide a false sense of security.

..if you're still too hot, you can wear a**-less chaps like they do in the Gay Pride Parades. :laughing:

/ Time for Chainsaw Chaps #13  
"Boot cut" tight is probably a good and safe way of putting it. If they are too tight against your leg the chain can get through the chap before it binds up. Even though chaps do stop the chain very fast I have seen cuts all the way through the chap. Wearing them a little loose lets the chap pull away from your leg and gives you a little more time to get the chain stopped before it tears into you.

I used to have a good video showing the difference in effectiveness depending on how tight they were worn. You don't want them so loose that they are moving around either so you probably have them about right. That is why I like full wrap chaps. You can wear them a little loose but they stay in place.

There are some summer pants but I'm not aware of any summer chaps. I've never used a set but if they meet current specs I wouldn't have a problem trying them.

/ Time for Chainsaw Chaps #14  
I also got "bit" on the kneecap to the bone. Now I don't touch the saw without the chaps on. Fool me once...

/ Time for Chainsaw Chaps #15  
They make 3/4 and full length chaps. Amazon has the Husqvarna full length for under $100. I'm guessing you KNEEED them last week! Glad u r ok.

/ Time for Chainsaw Chaps #17  
That is going to be one bit chin' scar when it heals. I wear canvas Deluth Trading pants and have tangled with my CS once. The canvas pants balled up and stopped the CS before it could do any real damage. Only a slight scratch. Now I wear two pair of canvas pants and do all my sawing in the EARLY morning before it gets hot.

My problem was working with the CS long after I was tired and should have stopped. Arms drooped, chain caught pants and fortunately they balled the fabric and stopped the saw.

/ Time for Chainsaw Chaps #18  
"Are there chaps that are cooler in hot weather?"

With chaps, I find I can wear shorts and still feel safe.
Some may say shorts and chainsaws aren't a good mix, but beats wearing pants without chaps. Though pants may help with briars, ticks, & sawdust, they provide a false sense of security.

..if you're still too hot, you can wear a**-less chaps like they do in the Gay Pride Parades. :laughing:
I never saw those in the Stihl or Echo catalog

/ Time for Chainsaw Chaps #19  
Full wrap over apron
9 ply over 6 ply

Yes hot over comfortable as I like my parts the way they are.

There is never a quick cut that is not worth the extra time it takes to gear up.
It is your life and well being.

/ Time for Chainsaw Chaps #20  
And if they are really oily and dirty, they wont stop a saw like a new pair. Saw a demo of a new pair vs. old used pair, old ones might as well never had em on.