Open carry / firearm handy

/ Open carry / firearm handy #11  
ive killed lots of deer while working on a tractor. its so common for them to here them running around here I actually have hunted off of the tractor. I carry all the time weather on the tractor or anywhere else. I will usually carry a few rat shot in my pocket when im on the tractor tho

/ Open carry / firearm handy #12  
I have kept a firearm close at hand ever since the fateful day in the hayfield when I cliped all 4 legs off of a cat hiding in the grass when I was mowing with the sickle mower. The screams ans squalls it made, and I had no easy humain way to dispach the poor creature. I currently carry a .22 with me every time I so much as head to the barn, am out on the tractor, or ATV. Often find coons and possum just inside the barn door at the cat food dish, where my small children feed the cats.

Yes, I carry a gun. I also carry a Leatherman, mini mag flashlight, pocket knife, pen and sharpie marker. (There's more junk in my pockets too, but I'll stop the list there) It my way of living my motto (unknowingly shared with the US Coast Guard) of Semper Paratus, Latin for "Always Prepaired". I'm not another soap-box standing 2A gun nut, just a guy who carries tools that help me out when needed.

/ Open carry / firearm handy #14  
Ever found yourself thinking 的 need a firearm right now while operating a tractor?

What was your solution?

Put my .22 pistol with holster in the built-in fender tool box where it's handy. Box has cover so the pistol can't fall out.

/ Open carry / firearm handy #15  
I was thinking maybe something like this Safepacker.
Highly overpriced canvas holster, no way I would pay $109 for that piece of junk. If you want your pistol in a bag, just put it in a plastic ziplock for just a few cents and it will stay clean.
A regular Cordura holster will keep most of the dust and dirt off a gun and only cost $25 or so and be quickly accessible without the unlocking and unfolding of the Safepacker. I would only use that (if I was willing to pay the superior price for it) for travelling and never for keeping a weapon handy and easy to access.

/ Open carry / firearm handy #16  
Ever found yourself thinking 的 need a firearm right now while operating a tractor?

What was your solution?
I don't carry while on my tractor because there is really no good place to put a rifle and a pistol is just in the way if you keep it in a holster on your belt. I do have a double rack mounted on my RTV and keep a shotgun in it all the time just in case I need to kill a snake or something. I have never seen anything other than a rabbit while using my tractor.

/ Open carry / firearm handy #17  
Yes, I have wanted a gun a few times on the tractor. No, I don't carry one yet (open station). I have considered a sealed plastic toolbox to carry a few more tools with room for a gun.

/ Open carry / firearm handy #18  
Check out SneakyPete. Nice selection at reasonable prices.

/ Open carry / firearm handy #19  
At this point I'm always carrying something ... the Glock is a little unwieldy when doing manual labor or on the tractor ... but the LCP easily fits into a pocket. Not the easiest to get to if I'm sitting on the tractor, but I can always stand up or lean back and stretch out my leg if I need to get to it.

/ Open carry / firearm handy #20  
A few times but it's hard to carry on an open station tractor. I don't particularly want to expose the firearm to the dust and dripping sweat. If I had a cab tractor, I'd probably carry all the time.
In regards to the dust and sweat, clean your pistol regularly, or more regularly, and there will be no issues.
I carry all the time, one of two pistols. The dust/dirt/sweat issue just forces me to clean my pistol more often.
I have needed it more than once with a neighbors dog that likes to chase cows and chase me.