Open carry / firearm handy

/ Open carry / firearm handy #1  

Michael Aos

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2370-1 RTV500
Ever found yourself thinking “I need a firearm right now” while operating a tractor?

What was your solution?

/ Open carry / firearm handy #2  
A few times but it's hard to carry on an open station tractor. I don't particularly want to expose the firearm to the dust and dripping sweat. If I had a cab tractor, I'd probably carry all the time.

/ Open carry / firearm handy #3  
Ever found yourself thinking “I need a firearm right now” while operating a tractor?

What was your solution?

Hang an old holster around the steering column and drape a rag over it to keep most of the dust off. Works pretty good and is at the ready. It will get dusty.

/ Open carry / firearm handy #4  
I wish I had my rifle with me the time I saw that bobcat come out of the woods and walk slowly down the path.

/ Open carry / firearm handy #6  
I have a canopy on my tractor. I have a rifle mount attached under it. I carry my mini-14 with me when I bush hog. I have killed a few coyotes this way.

/ Open carry / firearm handy #7  
   / Open carry / firearm handy #8  
I have never, ever, thought that. Nor can I think of any reason to have that thought. :confused3:

Have you EVER thought you NEEDED a firearm?

/ Open carry / firearm handy #10  
I sometimes think it would be nice to have some kind of firearm with me. We sometimes get rabid foxes, coons etc. around. Coyotes have been creating quite a problem lately, especially when they get into packs. While the tractor is running you won't have much problem, but if you shut it down and start doing some work, you are opening yourself up for an attack.