Holidays.. time for family..

/ Holidays.. time for family.. #21  
I have a nieghbor who lives behind me and every week when he mows his lawn he puts his 3 year old grand daughter in his lap. He uses one of those little 12 hp MTD riding mowers.
I cringe everytime I see this. He also uses her to pick up things out of the yard that are in the way.....He does this by stopping while the blades are still running and letting her off with one arm.
She gets so close to that deck when she gets back on it is scary! And she is barefoot most of the time.

I have mentioned the danger of it to him several times but he just thinks I just worry to much.

The worst part about it is that her parents live there also and see him do this every week but never say or do anything to stop it....I think they think its cute or something. Of course they aren't the brightest people in the world either....

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Holidays.. time for family.. #22  
You should print the article that txdon gave us the link to and give it to your neighbor. G.

/ Holidays.. time for family.. #23  
We're just going to have to agree to disagree with this one. There just wasn't much way I was going to be turned loose with a planter before someone had "ridden with me" to ensure I was doing it right. I don't know how things were done for other people, but my experience, and those of my peers was the same, we were taught while riding and watching. Sometimes the theories on safety do not hold up very well in the real world.