Neighbor Tractor Accident

/ Neighbor Tractor Accident #1  

MHarryE

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota M7-171, M5-111, SVL75-2, RTV900XT & GR2120; CaseIH 1680 combine
IMG_2436.jpgIMG_2437.jpgIMG_2440.jpg

My 91 year old neighbor was bringing a large round bale from his storage area to his cattle yard and due to frosted windows didn't see the delivery truck coming down the highway. Truck hit him in the right front wheel, broke the axle attachments and knocked the axle a couple feet over to the left plus flipped the axle over so the input was facing forward. Fortunately neither my neighbor nor the truck driver were injured. We've been having a cold blast for over a week, even for us in NE Minnesota. We haven't seen above zero F temps since the day before Christmas Eve and its been as cold as -42F so windows frost over quickly even if using block heaters continuously. The truck went under the loader so nothing damaged on the tractor other than the axle and steering lines, and that was also enough to cushion the impact for the truck too. Could have been a lot worse if the impact was at the loader or rear wheel.

/ Neighbor Tractor Accident #3  
Scary situation. Frosted window was the neighbors excuse. Wonder what the truck driver had to say.

/ Neighbor Tractor Accident #4  
:eek: Sorry to see this. :( But, on the positive side,( I think?) it's great that a guy 91 years old can and is still feeding his cattle. :cool:

Great to hear that there was no bodily harm. :thumbsup:

/ Neighbor Tractor Accident #5  
Every fedex, ups and all the rest fly in my drive like their on the interstate. Everyone I tell to slow it down when coming in my drive. I don't blame the owner at all. Was his property and he probably wasn't expecting anyone coming down the drive. And owner was turning on the drive from a field that means he already had the bail, loader out on the drive before the truck hit the front axle of the tractor. I'm sure the tractor wasn't going but a couple miles an hour and for the tractor to get that far out in the drive it sure seems like if the truck was going a decent speed he would have had plenty of time to stop.

/ Neighbor Tractor Accident #6  
I took it that the truck was on a public highway and the neighbor pulled out in front of him.

I am 66 and I see myself being more reckless. When I'm on public roads with the tractor I am super paranoid and look 2 or 3 times before taking action.

Glad the neighbor is okay. Glad his negligence didn't injure or kill someone.

/ Neighbor Tractor Accident #7  
I took it that the truck was on a public highway and the neighbor pulled out in front of him.

I am 66 and I see myself being more reckless. When I'm on public roads with the tractor I am super paranoid and look 2 or 3 times before taking action.

Glad the neighbor is okay. Glad his negligence didn't injure or kill someone.

I read the post the same way. Kentuckyfarmer, are we referring to the same accident?

/ Neighbor Tractor Accident #8  
Guess I over looked the highway remark. Well then farmers fault. You get at least one take back a day don't you?

/ Neighbor Tractor Accident #9  
Some days I get them by the case. ;)

/ Neighbor Tractor Accident #10  
A little duct tape.......that tractor will be fine......glad nobody was hurt.