Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415
    Tractor
    Kubota M9540, Ford 3910FWD, JD2210

Default Re: Neighbor Tractor Accident

True. And all of us suffer from PTSD to some degree. The lesser your personal degree of severity, the easier your life has been.
    Richard

"Happiness isn't having everything you want, it's wanting everything you have."

Tractor
    Kubota B2320 Kubota ZD 331 Kubota L3301 Kubota 1140 RTV Kubota MX5100 Kubota KX 71

Quote Originally Posted by ovrszd View Post
    No therapy will remove memories. No therapy will make them tolerable. These solutions are inside the person. This is how we got the term PTSD. It defines those that cannot control the irreversible memories. I use the "roll top desk" method. My life is stored in a roll top desk. I can open the desk and select whichever small drawer that I want. My hard times are stored in those drawers. I can open the drawer and review the contents until it becomes disturbing, then I close the drawer, to be reviewed at a later time when I can control it. The contents of these drawers never go away. They are simply properly stored and secured. Each drawer is labeled so there's no surprise. That's a key element. No surprise. My desk has many drawers. They contribute to who I am rather than take away from that person.
    Very insightful... thanks.
    " This is the best of all possible worlds ". Dr. Pangloss

Tractor
    Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year

Quote Originally Posted by ovrszd View Post
    No therapy will remove memories. No therapy will make them tolerable. These solutions are inside the person. This is how we got the term PTSD. It defines those that cannot control the irreversible memories. I use the "roll top desk" method. My life is stored in a roll top desk. I can open the desk and select whichever small drawer that I want. My hard times are stored in those drawers. I can open the drawer and review the contents until it becomes disturbing, then I close the drawer, to be reviewed at a later time when I can control it. The contents of these drawers never go away. They are simply properly stored and secured. Each drawer is labeled so there's no surprise. That's a key element. No surprise. My desk has many drawers. They contribute to who I am rather than take away from that person.
    Great analogy.
    MossRoad

Click On My Little Tractor
    To See Pictures And Videos
    Of It In Action!!!

Tractor
    Kubota M7-171, Kubota M110GX, IH 4386, IH1486, Case 301.8, Kubota L6060, plus many others

My father, 104 next month , lost most of his vision to glaucoma. Now images he swears are real come from the folds of his brain. For a few months it was horses running through the Care Center dining room. There have been numerous other instances but the last one I remember was Christmas Eve. My daughter and I brought him some Norwegian special food (he is a stubborn German) and all dinner he kept asking us to check the lady lying on the floor beside a nearby table. He hoped it wasn't one of his daughters. Nobody there. His hearing has gone the same way. Ear protection? I don't need no ear protection. Now He is hearing things from the past. Is it good or bad to relive a 104 year lifetime? I find its bad because he seems to remember more bad things. However their barn burned in 1933. Dad had run their tractor, a Far all Regular on steel, out of fuel by the barn and let it go until morning. A tractor on large steel cleats is nearly impossible to push so he and a neighbor cranked it away. He still remembers that perfectly and the name of the neighbor who helped. My brother-in-law had a rough time in Viet Nam including hand fighting. The first time they stayed with us his wife told us if we hear screaming in the night its nothing, just Bill trying to kill her thinking Viet Song soldiers made it into their camp. She knows how to wake him before he kills her.
    JD7720; KubotaM135GX; NH TS115A; JD6230; KubotaL6060

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415