Young Tractor Driver and Car Accident

/ Young Tractor Driver and Car Accident
I use my cruise control every day on both county roads and city streets. The speed limit is 35 and if you set it on 37 you can make every light but one all the way into town because most of the traffic lights on major streets in South Bend are on a fiber optic network that keeps them timed to traffic. In the county, the speed limit on our nearest main road is 30 due to houses and schools. It is very easy to hit 39 or 40 by accident and there is usually a police patrol in the area. I find that by using the cruise control I can set my speed and then pay more attention to traffic rather than having to glance at my speedometer all the time. I still keep my foot down near the gas just like I was driving so it will be in the normal place if I have to hit the brakes. With the cruise controls built into the steering wheel, I see no reason to not use it. Just like any tool, you have to pay attention at all times.

I also get better gas mileage when using the cruise control. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif