Active Hearing protection with Bluetooth

/ Active Hearing protection with Bluetooth
Come top think of it, I actually have the Ryobi's. They were $7 at the company store. They work pretty well, and I could try adding bluetooth. They are pretty cheaply made and not very comfortable. May be worth modding.

/ Active Hearing protection with Bluetooth #12  
   / Active Hearing protection with Bluetooth #13  
Another poorboy or redneck solution is to just take a pair of small bluetooth stereo earbuds or a pair of sport bluetooth earbuds and combine them with the ANR muffs of your choice.

For 4 decades I've used highly rated 29dB+ muffs with a varity of earbuds and sound sources.

I appreciate the suggestions! It is amazing that there isn't already something for industrial applications like this.

/ Active Hearing protection with Bluetooth #15  
OSHA governs all of this. Rules for hearing protectors are pretty crazy and tend to kill technology.

/ Active Hearing protection with Bluetooth #16  
I assume they do a great job with blocking the equip,emt noise and music sounds great; can you hear normal conversation with the tractor running?

Probably or at least close to it. Not used to having anyone close to the tractor when operating the tractor.

They also allow adjustment on how much of the background noise is allowed thru. Not used that function much in my case.

While working this weekend - I realized that the hearing protection is really important while mowing. Regular landscaping and chores, not so much. So, that makes the 3M Worktunes with BT and no FM radio a clear winner. They really are nice and at a good price point.

For active hearing protection, I asked some owners of MSA Sordin headsets. They are military grade and are priced from about $120 to $500+ . I was told that they work well for tractor and chainsaw work. They seem to be very well made, and comfortable. But, these things have a way of getting lost or shredded. I will try the 3M's